1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Program Coordinator role is responsible for a variety of program management, coordination, communications, and logistical planning in support of Xylem’s global youth engagement activities. Youth engagement at Xylem includes educational programs (focused on water, STEM and sustainability), innovation challenges and events, an incubator mentorship program, and community service opportunities for youth. This role will be responsible for mobilizing employee volunteers to support youth activities, as well as collaborating with a range of partners across Xylem’s youth programming, including nonprofit organizations, sports partnerships, customers and other water industry stakeholders. This role requires excellent organization, communication and writing skills, great attention to detail, interest to work collaboratively with a global team, and a strong interest in CSR, sustainability, and youth development.
**Position will be based in Southeast Asia**
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manages details of global youth programs for Xylem employee and external stakeholder volunteers to engage
- Manages internal and external communications around youth programming in partnership with Xylem communications team, driving innovative marketing and outreach campaigns to attract youth participation
- Assists with logistics for all youth events and programming
- Participates in the planning and coordinating of all aspects of ongoing youth events in conjunction with Ambassadors, Leads and Watermark Champion network throughout the organization
- Coordinates the activation of new global youth programming and campaigns for internal and external engagement, and supports activations led by Ambassadors and Youth Leads at a regional level
- CSR database back-up support, managing event page generation for processing and helping track volunteer activity, youth engagement data, and impact
- Tracks and reports on quarterly youth related KPIs across the company
- Manages youth-related aspects of Xylem partnerships with NGOs, sports partners, customers, and other key stakeholders
- Develops program opportunities for improvements or new partnerships, promotes and plans events
- Monitors inquiries and solicitations from internal and external stakeholders regarding youth programming
- Outreach to schools, districts, youth-focused organizations, and directly to youth to engage new audiences in Xylem’s youth programming
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- College degree in Communications, Education, CSR, Nonprofit Management, Marketing, Engineering or a related field
- Marketing coordination/events or grants management experience
- Fluency in English – speaking, reading and writing
- Experience working directly with youth
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with top senior-level management
- Ability to contribute creative work in fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills to effectively assist in the management of multiple projects and programming from inception to completion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 a plus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office position located in a collaborative inside environment.
- Position to be located in Malaysia or Southeast Asia
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 (overtime required as needed)
- Travel requirement: 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.