Reporting to the Director of Operations and Events, the Administrative and Operations Associate will support the CEO, VP of Programs and Strategy, and Board of Directors by managing complex calendars, planning meetings across multiple time zones, coordinating travel, documenting meeting minutes, and completing administrative tasks with accuracy and efficiency. The Administrative and Operations Associate is an innovative problem-solver with high standards for professional communication and discretion who works well in a fast-paced group setting and as an individual contributor.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving the CEO and VP of Programs and Strategy by coordinating meetings, managing calendars, and occasionally documenting meeting minutes and outcomes.
- Coordinating CEO and VP of Programs and Strategy’s travel arrangements and registration for meetings by providing agendas, travel itineraries, directions, and pertinent meeting information.
- Managing complex calendars and scheduling with multiple partners and stakeholders providing technical assistance where needed.
- Composing letters and memoranda in response to incoming mail or calls (writes on behalf of CEO); edits emails and other documents as needed.
- As assigned, coordinating virtual and in-person meetings, including all Board of Director meetings and events, including travel, accommodations, meals, and resource logistics.
- Prepare and distribute Board and committee meeting packets
- Assist with business meeting logistics
- Assisting CEO, VP of Programs and Strategy, and Director of Events and Operations with processing of invoices and expense reporting, electronic document filing, and travel claims.
- Managing and supporting grants and contracts requirement and implementation.
- Fulfilling requests for information from organization leaders, members, and external stakeholders.
- Assisting with membership drives and updating the membership database.
- Participating in conference preparations including creating forms and program information, preparing marketing materials, and compiling packets.
- Assisting with preparation of presentations/speaking engagements delivered by the CEO and VP of Programs and Strategy.
- Assisting in the coordination, control, and completion of special projects as requested by the CEO, VP of Programs and Strategy, and Director of Events and Operations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years related clerical, administrative, and accounting experience
- Associate degree or equivalency with two additional years of related experience
- Proficiency using MS Office
- Ability to handle complex administrative tasks independently while keeping key stakeholders informed
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities and support others’ efforts to succeed
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, make simultaneous progress on multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Impeccable organizational ability and attention to detail, with exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated integrity and discretion while working under pressure with sensitive information
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, or closely related field
- Experience providing administrative support to C-suite executives and board of directors in nonprofit organizations
- Proven ability to take initiative, anticipate needs, and exercise sound judgment
- Experience working across lines of difference and strong personal commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Attention to detail and high standards of work quality
- Communicate and establish effective working relationships with all levels within the organization and interact effectively with co-workers, members, and other stakeholders
- Make independent decisions following standard policies and procedures and to work independently with limited supervision while exercising good judgment on conferring with others
- Exercise initiative, be creative and resourceful
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Virtual Meeting Platforms (MS Teams, Zoom, etc.)
- Social media platform(s)
What you bring to this role
- Willingness to take on new challenges and seek out opportunities to improve business operations
- Ability to develop valuable relationships with executives, directors, industry partners, team members, and other internal and external stakeholders, delivering first-class customer service in every interaction
- Strong planning skills and an appreciation for mission-driven work
- Curiosity, flexibility, an eagerness to learn and grow, and a desire to be truly helpful to your leaders and co-workers, taking the initiative and going the extra mile without being asked
Compensation and Location
In addition to a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience and in line with the organization’s budget, the US Water Alliance offers an excellent benefits package that includes paid vacation, health, vision, and dental insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan. Qualified candidates will be considered regardless of location. While most work is performed remotely, some travel may be required for occasional on-site events and gatherings.
Please send your CV/resume and a cover letter to [email protected]
with “Application: Administrative and Operations Associate” in the subject line. To download the full Administrative and Operations Associate job description, click here