Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), an established research and advocacy institute, is looking for a Deputy Programme Manager for its Water & Wastewater Programme. The programme aims to establish policy principles, innovative technologies and implementation strategies for water and wastewater management. These efforts have been directed towards meeting the twin goals of laying foundation for water prudent society and adapting to climate resilience.
This is a mid-level position that in addition to providing critical managerial oversight to the City Wide Inclusive Sanitation (CWIS) work of upscaling non sewered sanitation systems in the state of UP, also entails high quality applied research and capacity development. The incumbent will be expected to know and deliver online courses, short training programmes for mainstreaming best management practices aimed at promoting sustainable water / waste and effective fecal sludge and septage management in urban context.
Candidates with experience in providing technical support for implementation of pilot projects related to water, sanitation and fecal sludge management and candidates having relevant experience in developing and coordinating training programmes related to water, sanitation and faecal sludge management will be preferred.
- Develop a strategy and approach for integrating City Wide Inclusive Sanitation Approach
- Anchor state level Advocacy and Research
- Coordinate capacity development initiatives at state, national and international level when required
- Write quality research reports, publish in journals and generate other knowledge products for CSE; such as blogs, policy briefs in regular intervals
- Program development, planning and monitoring
- Liason and engagement with stakeholders
- Understanding of gender, inclusion and diversity
- Writing and analytical skills
- Willingness to travel for field work, documentation and research when required.
Qualification: Masters in Urban Planning, Environment, Development and related fields.
Experience: Minimum 5 years work in research and capacity development work with credible institutes, in urban water, waste water and sanitation field. Candidates with lesser experience will be considered for junior positions also.
Application Deadline: July 04, 2022
How to apply:
Candidates can send applications online (preferable) or by postal services, as convenient. For online submission: Please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and choose DPM – UWWM.
Or Post it to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta
Executive Director- Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110062
P.S : Only short-listed candidates will be informed. They will be called for an interview and written test.