At AECOM, we’re united by a common purpose of delivering a better world. Our Global Program Management business provides the structure, tools, techniques and process to deliver on this vision. By connecting our expertise across services, markets, and geographies, we manage outcome-driven projects that deliver social, economic and environmental value. These include programs of critical national importance in defense, transport, water, clean energy, environmental clean-up, international development and disaster recovery, as well as the shaping of many of the world’s major cities.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager to join our team, leading on some of the most complex programs globally.
Whilst the nature of program management requires an element of flexibility on location, your initial role will involve leading on a key strategic program based in California.
Responsibilities to include:
- Lead and manages large to very large size programs which have high levels of execution complexity and significant strategic value
- Provide the organization with technical leadership and strategic direction for program delivery globally.
- Champion for ethical and safe working practices
- Drive innovation in program management approaches and methodology to achieve marketplace differentiation
- Work with Global Business Lines, Regional leadership and Market Sector Leaders to identify new business opportunities and develop solutions to address them
- Identify areas of high risk and pro-actively takes actions to positively impact program outcomes
- Contributes to the global learning and people development strategy for program management, including identification of talent gaps and resourcing plans
- Assess long-term and disruptive trends in area of expertise
- Propose skill development approaches and workforce planning to deliver capabilities for the future
- Actively supports the attraction and retention of talent across area of expertise
- Accountable for overall financial success and delivery of AECOM Program Management agreement
- A minimum of 15 years professional experience with 10 years in a program management leadership role
- Recognized for Water / Wastewater Program Management expertise within national/regional market
- Has an expanding professional network within the industry and is known for having successfully led multiple medium to large size programs
- Has a good understanding of the program management competencies within programs and can evaluate and apply these to be successful
- Has proven ability to mentor others in developing program competencies and personally growing through mentorship of others
- Able to develop strong relationships and manage all client stakeholders (internal and external)
- Demonstrates exemplary leadership attributes that provide role modelling for others
- Able to build consensus to change program strategy in challenging situations
- Demonstrated ability to set long term goals and strategies and establish effective management of internal and external interfaces and interdependencies across the program
- Has built diverse and inclusive teams to enable collective success through trust, psychological safety, autonomy, accountability and alignment
- Ideally degree qualified (BA/BS or equivalent) in a relevant discipline such as architecture, engineering or project management, although applications with relevant diplomas and a suitable level of professional experience may also be considered
- PMI-PgMP, APM-RPP or CMAA-CCM Certification (or equivalent) preferred but not essential
- California Professional Engineering License preferred
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line Global Program Mgmt
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 269358BR
Additional Locations US – Orange, CA – 999 Town & Country Rd
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.