United Nations University’s Mission: The United Nations University (UNU) is an international community of scholars, engaged in research, postgraduate teaching and capacity development and dissemination of knowledge in furthering the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations. For more information, please visit www.unu.edu.
UNU-EHS : established in December 2003, addresses the risk and vulnerability aspects of human security and the consequences of complex environmental hazards for sustainable development. The work of UNU‐EHS helps to improve the in‐depth understanding of the cause effect relationships to find ways to reduce risks and vulnerabilities. The Institute supports policymakers and decision makers with evidence‐based research and information. www.ehs.unu.edu.
PACET (Pan African Cooperation and Educational Technologies):
The Pan African Cooperation and Educational Technologies (PACET) programme at UNU-EHS aims to strengthen research, educational and institutional capacities of UNU-EHS in Africa.
The program fosters cooperation between UNU and African institutions in higher education, research, policy and practice to develop innovative methods and appropriated solutions to address challenges particularly in the frame of the Agenda 2063 of the African Union and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The cooperation with the Pan African University is a culmination of continental initiatives of the African Union Commission to revitalize higher education and research in Africa represents a main aspect of the programme.
The programme particularly supports the institutional development of the Pan African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences (incl. Climate Change – PAUWES) in Algeria by enhancing its teaching and research activities in water, energy and climate change thanks numerous projects (Water and Energy Security in Africa – WESA; Risk Assessment and Reduction strategies for Sustainable Urban Resource Supply in Sub-Saharan Africa – RARSUS; Higher Education Cooperation with PAUWES, etc.).
Information Communication Technologies (ICT) plays a key role in the activity of the programme with regards to eLearning/distance education, strategic networking and cooperation as well as new media in the context of WEB 2.0 and open source technologies.
The programme leverages digital technologies to strengthen educational and research capacities of UNU-EHS, its partner institutions as well as scientists and practitioners at a global scale. Furthermore, it investigates the teaching – research nexus to enhance higher education and capacity development by using educational technologies. It conceptualizes and implements innovative methodologies and technologies to design and deliver educational materials, to build and maintain networks, to facilitate communication and knowledge sharing and to enhance project work.
The programme organizes conferences, webinars, online discussions, workshops, and summer schools to facilitate North-South and South-South knowledge exchange and transfer and to strengthen capacities at the individual and institutional level.
- Assist in the development of multimedia content for educational purposes (audio, video, animation, etc.)
- Assist in the design, development, and delivery of eLearning courses and web based educational materials.
- Assist in the development of material for communication and marketing purposes.
- Provide support in the preparation and organisation of webinars, workshops, and conferences, where applicable.
- Assist in the management of an online community of practice, updating and editing project websites.
- Assist in necessary administrative and project activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Field of Study: Master or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in multimedia, graphic design, computer science, information/communication technologies, education, or related disciplines.
Essential Skills and attributes:
- Experience with eLearning authoring software (Articulate, Adobe Captivate, iSpring, Camtasia, etc.)
- Experience with content and learning management systems (WordPress, Moodle, etc.)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.)
- Excellent command of English; German, French, and /or other languages will be considered an asset
- Instructional design experience will be considered an asset
- Experience with short film and lecture recording
- Provide students with exposure to the working environment of a multilateral organization and a better understanding of UNU and PACET’s goals and activities
- Enhance the educational experience of students through practical and guided hands-on exposure, development and involvement in projects
The successful candidate will be based at UNU-EHS in Bonn on a full-time basis for a contractual period ranging from 3-6 months. The internship is not remunerated.