Do you want to make a positive impact on the world? Sustainable development is at the heart of everything we do.
Seventy-five years ago, we created a home for creative thinkers seeking to solve the world’s biggest challenges. Today, a collective of 16,000+ Arupians gather across the globe from 140 different countries to build a sustainable future.
We strive to create an inclusive environment and give everyone a voice. Diversity drives innovation in our projects and offers empathy to the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with disability and provide workplace adjustments.
At Arup, you’ll do more than work — you’ll shape a better world.
About this role
To make sustainable development the underlying aim of its business, Arup recognises that this can only be done by having greater influence and impact on its most recent areas of growth: Energy, Water and Resources. The water sector is one of the fundamental elements of sustainable development and core to its aspirations. To have the right level of impact, Arup needs its water business to grow, and its brand established to the same level that is enjoyed by the company in many other sectors.
The Water Business Leader will form part of the regional water leadership, covering the geographies of Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia (SIM). This is a strategic leadership role in which you will have the objectivity and potential to look at the broader picture and a keen desire to excel and grow a successful business. You will have access to Arup’s global expertise and innovative reputation in the water sector to help differentiate our value proposition in Southeast Asia.
What will I do?
- You will be instrumental in helping Arup build track record in SIM, strengthen our client relationships, formulate the strategic approach, grow internal capabilities and establish a healthy pipeline of work in this location.
- Manage a successful water business in Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia with an overlay across Southeast Asia, through strategic client centric activities, positioning Arup’s reputation at the highest levels and driving new developments.
- Develop a holistic local business plan as part of the strategic regional water business plan for growing the water pipeline of work, mapping out which clients and projects Arup will target, what types of work to pursue and identifying the most appropriate partners for each where relevant.
- You will execute successful pursuit strategies and lead detailed tender submissions in collaboration with technical and regional bid teams.
- Delivering on projects as the Project Director/Manager and driving strong outcomes on projects.
What will I bring?
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in the water infrastructure sectors of Southeast Asia.
- Wide-ranging skills spanning advisory and specialist technical services and the demonstrated experience of executing them on a range of projects within water engineering. Experience including water resource management, water resilience and flood risk management would be of particular interest.
- An excellent understanding of the water industry with strong existing networks of key clients and decision makers.
- Strong business development and client management experience, with the ability to develop effective pursuits and client strategies.
- You will have the commercial/financial awareness and understanding of the implications of economic and political trends in the local market.
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants, and technical specialists, working across every aspect of the built environment.
Founded by Sir Ove Arup, a gifted engineer-philosopher with an original and restless mind, our firm has always had a keen sense of purpose.
We create spaces where everyone feels safe, seen and included and able to perform at their best. We take an approach to flexible working that supports the diversity and well-being of our members.
Are you ready to shape a better world?
Our open roles are waiting for you on the Arup careers page. If you like what you see here, apply today.
Arup does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.