|Organisation / Entity:||Public Works|
|Job category:||Construction and ArchitecturePlanningProjectsProperty and AssetsEngineering | Engineering|
|Job location:||Sydney Region / Sydney – West|
|Job reference number:||499495|
|Closing date:||28/06/2022 – 11:55 PM|
- Multiple ongoing positions available within the Public Works Strategic Planning Team as an Engineer Strategic Planning & Senior Engineer Strategic Planning
- Positions based in our Parramatta office – we empower our employees to work flexibly, though there is an expectation that you can attend the office as agreed to by your manager
- Join a high performing team to work on major water infrastructure projects that you will not find anywhere else
- Salary ranging from $99,431 to $124,901 + Super, Leave Loading & Flex – Depending on your level of experience
Diversity and inclusion are core values of the Department of Regional NSW. We encourage applications from people with a range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. This includes differences in culture, gender, sexual orientation, language and disability status or other attributes. The Department of Regional NSW is a workplace where everyone is able to contribute and participate to their full potential, and we are proud to have a team that reflects the richness and complexity of the regional NSW communities we serve.
Public Works (PW) is part of the Department of Regional NSW (DRNSW) and supports local and state government agencies to deliver critical infrastructure initiatives by providing expert advisory, planning, design, delivery and support services. There’s nothing abstract about what we do. Just look around. Our work is in the hospitals, dams, water treatment plants and high schools – the real foundations of prosperous communities. Every day we help shape the ambitious projects that bring progress to more people in NSW. From forging a more sustainable relationship with the land around us, to engineering the big ideas of the future. In every challenge we see the chance to build stronger and more connected communities. We do this by developing solutions that show creativity and grassroots ingenuity, providing impartial advice and support at all levels of government and the private sector, and partnering with experts to maximise the benefits of our knowledge and experience.
In PW offices all over the state, you’ll find local expertise for local issues. We uncover the best talent, scrutinise cost and risk, and bridge the gap between private sector and government. By managing these nuances, projects we work on don’t just get done, they become benchmarks others aspire to.
About the Roles
Senior Engineer Strategic Planning | $99,431 to $110,064 + Super, Leave Loading & Flex – Depending on your level of experience
This role sits within a team responsible for the strategic planning of water and sewer infrastructure for regional Councils in NSW. You will assist the Principal Engineer in running the Water Planning team at Public Works. This will include:
- Preparing and reviewing analysis, options evaluations and Strategy reports to produce high quality documents that meet the requirements of the clients and regulators
- Liaison with Clients and State Government agencies
- Managing multiple projects so that they are delivered on time, budget and to the agreed work quality
- Liaising with and co-ordinating a multi-disciplinary team, mentoring, providing advice and assisting in the management of junior Engineers
Engineer Strategic Planning | $113,343 to $124,901 + Super, Leave Loading & Flex – Depending on your level of experience
Sitting within the same team, you will provide specialised Engineering advice for the strategic planning of water and sewer infrastructure for regional Councils in NSW. This will include:
- Manage and lead projects to ensure they are delivered to the agreed quality, on time, within budget and to client expectations
- Hold a client centric culture to provide advice on innovative projects
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders, creating and fostering working relationships alongside your day-to-day workload
- Promote learning and development for both yourself, the wider team and more junior Engineers to continually grow the teams project delivery capability
What’s in it for you
There is significant funding expected to be available to address the water security, water quality and environmental risks in in regional NSW. This is the focus area for Public Works and we are expected to play a very important role in delivering many of the projects that will be funded.
This is an exciting time to further your career in the water industry and this role will provide you with the following:
- The opportunity to strengthen your knowledge and experience in water infrastructure planning and delivery
- Involvement in the entire lifecycle of a water infrastructure project, as Public Works is involved right from planning to commissioning
- Exposure to developing solutions for all water supply risks, as different water utilities have different risks
- The opportunity of travelling to different country towns across NSW
- Flexible working arrangements
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- A tertiary qualification in Civil, Chemical or Environmental Engineering or equivalent
- Proven experience working within Strategic Planning for water utilities within a similar environment, delivering projects within the agreed time-frames and budgets
- Understanding of water and sewerage scheme design, water demand, sewer load analysis and asset planning principles
- The ability to deliver presentations (highly desirable) and the ability to present technical information to a range of audience
- A valid NSW Driver’s license and willingness to drive to remote locations with overnight stays, usually for one or two days.
Applying for the Role
To apply, please attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your relevant experience and capabilities.
For further information, please contact Glenn Fernandes at [email protected]
Applications Close Tuesday 28 June 2022 at 11:55pm
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.