- Job number: SRH04861
- Domaine de competence: Water Sanitation and Hygiene promotion
- Statut: Salarié
- Type de poste: Overseas missions
- Country: Republic of Moldova
- Contract Type: Short term contract
ABOUT THE MISSION
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 3 or 6 months
Location: Chisinau with regular stays in entry points and transit centers all over the country
Since 24 February 2022, an increasing number of people fleeing from Ukraine to the neighboring countries has been observed, as a result of the war in Ukraine. As of 10 of June, 489,283 Ukrainian refugees were registered at border crossing points while entering from Ukraine into the Republic of Moldova. The current caseload of Ukrainian refugees is 82,393.
The current programs implemented are emergency responses in support to the refugee and host population in the sectors of WASH (Refugee Accommodations Centers, border Points), CASH (host Family) and FSL (Hot Meal distribution in the RACs).
SI base of Chisinau which opened early in March 2022 is part of SI Ukraine mission. The coordination is based in Ukraine (CD, Admin Coo, Log Coo, Prog Coo, WASH Coo, Grants).
In terms of strategy SI wishes to maintain an operational presence in Moldova through relevant long-term projects to absorb possible shocks related to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine.
1. Assistance to Ukrainian refugees going to Moldavia at entry point
- Distribution of hot food
- Distribution of drinkable water
- Support to transit
2. Assistance to Ukrainian refugees in Moldavia at transit centers level
- Distribution of hot food
- Distribution of basic NFI
Distribution of drinkable water
ABOUT THE JOB
- General objectives
- The program manager is responsible for the implementation and achievement of the objectives defined in the operation.
- He/she is responsible for the supervision of the operational teams assigned to his/her program.
- He/she is responsible of the proper execution and quality of the program implemented, and if necessary, proposes adjustments or developments to ensure its relevance.
- Relevance, quality and design of projects
- Implementation and operational monitoring
- Human Resources Management
- Reporting / communication / representation
- Civil Engineering, WASH sector
- At least 2 years of experience as WASH PM or similar position for an international NGO
- Previous experience with SI would be likeable
- including WASH technical response in emergency urban context
- Experience of team management
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Training and capacity building skills
- Coordination, and diplomatic skills
- MS office
Languages: English, knowledge of Romanian / Russian an asset
Other desirable qualities: leadership and management / good coordination at the sector level, Authorities level / planning and prioritization / flexibility / capacity to work under stress / solution making oriented / Team player
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 1 800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs in the Guest House and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months (with 850 USD allocated by SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL). To these break periods, one additional rest day per month worked are granted.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English.
CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/