We are changing the way utilities manage our most precious resource: water. We provide water utilities with an Artificial Intelligence driven platform to help their staff make smarter decisions in real-time when operating their critical processes (i.e. water treatment, pumping etc). In doing so, we’re able to help utilities drive down their costs, enhance reliability and reduce risks to public safety.
We are thinking about the future, too. We are reimagining how the operational staff of the 21st century will interact with their critical infrastructure.
The Right Candidate
We are looking for impact-minded people – those who are passionate about making the world a better place through Artificial Intelligence. As a Process Engineer in EMAGIN, you will be responsible for product development behind billions of dollars in critical water infrastructure for Fortune 500 companies. We are looking for ambitious, energetic, and talented individuals to help us scale up our platform as we embark on a phase of steep business growth. You will have the opportunity to build mission critical systems for global high profile clients using cutting-edge cloud technologies in an agile environment.
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for supporting the deployment process of our AI technology for various industrial (i.e. food and beverage) and utility clients, globally. Specifically, you will play a significant role in the following areas:
- Design, evaluate and implement various advanced process control strategies for water (i.e. RO,UF) and wastewater (i.e. MBR, ASP) systems
- Interface with clients to procure, digest and evaluate datasets, schematics and control narratives
- Build robust machine learning models in python for real-time modelling and control of water and wastewater processes
- Conduct step tests and multivariate statistical analyses of key performance indicators
- Collect and clean large SCADA datasets for model development and exploratory analysis
- Interface with clients to storyboard new features for existing technology optimization and new technology development
Your role will require travel to client sites (US, UK/EU, East Asia, Middle East)
What You’ll Need
We’re looking for individuals with a broad set of both management and technical skills.
- You’re extremely excited and willing to learn new, disruptive technologies (AI, Machine Learning)
- You’re a confident communicator and are comfortable presenting to clients
- You’re organized and capable of managing multiple projects at a time
- You have an excellent understanding of process modelling and control strategies for water and wastewater processes
- You have 3-5 years of demonstrable experience in designing and evaluating process schematics (P&IDs, PFDs) and control narratives
- You’re comfortable coding in Python for data driven applications
- Degree in Civil/Env./Chem./Mech. Engineering or similar field
Why we think you will love working with us.
Build something making a difference in the world. Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed software startup. Work with a tight-knit community of experienced entrepreneurs creating socially-mindful technology.
Other perks include:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Monthly social events
- Flexible hours
- Centrally located at the Tannery District in Ontario’s Start-up city alongside Google, D2L, Shopify.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge and you have the relevant experience to take them on, get in touch! Please apply with your résumé/CV and any links (Github)/attachments about relevant projects and related work.