Quality Assurance Engineer
We are changing the way utilities manage our most precious resource: water. We provide water utilities with an Artificial Intelligence driven platform to help their staff make smarter decisions in real-time when operating their critical processes (i.e. water treatment, pumping etc). In doing so, we’re able to help utilities drive down their costs, enhance reliability and reduce risks to public safety.
We are thinking about the future, too. We are reimagining how the operational staff of the 21st century will interact with their critical infrastructure.
The Right Candidate
We are looking for impact-minded people – those who are passionate about making the world a better place through Artificial Intelligence. We are looking for ambitious, energetic, and talented individuals to help us scale up our platform as we embark on a phase of steep business growth. You will have the opportunity to build mission critical systems for global high profile clients using cutting-edge cloud technologies in an agile environment.
What You’ll Do
- Provide excellent customer service and technical support for various software issues
- Lead and resolve incoming technical support requests, issues, and complaints by email and phone
- Document process for internal users
- Build self-help resources for customers
- Log all incoming requests into the Help Desk tool and resolve and/or escalate tickets in a timely manner
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
What You’ll Need
- University degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or have equivalent relevant experience
- 2+ years’ experience in a technical support role in a software organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and technical acumen
- Ability to explain complex concepts and theories to both technical and non-technical audiences
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize work
Why we think you will love working with us.
Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world. Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed software startup. Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs and technologists creating socially-mindful technology.
Other perks include:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Monthly social events
- Flexible hours
- Centrally located at the Tannery District in Ontario’s Start-up city alongside Google, D2L, Shopify.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge and you have the relevant experience to take them on, get in touch! Please apply with your résumé/CV and any links (Github)/attachments about relevant projects and related work.