Operations Deputy Chief of Party
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an administration and finance leadership position on an expected USAID-funded program in Jordan.
The anticipated Management Engineering Services Contract - Phase II (MESC II) project will provide technical assistance and capacity building for the Government of Jordan (GoJ) to reduce non-revenue water (NRW) throughout the Kingdom. The project will support the Ministry of Water and Irrigation (MWI), the Water Authority of Jordan (WAJ) and its water utility companies, and the Jordan Valley Authority (JVA) by helping to plan, design, and oversee implementation of NRW reduction activities, including feasibility analysis, development of specifications and tender documents, and monitoring construction and results, while developing administrative and management capacity within GOJ entities to conduct this work in the future.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for Operations / Director of Administration and Finance position is a long-term position based in Amman, Jordan. The position will provide leadership in the project’s overall operations, administration, and finance, including extensive construction subcontracting. The DCOP will engage with project stakeholders at the operational level and ensure project responsiveness.
- Works with home office team to ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with USAID regulations and internal policies/procedures in an efficient and responsive manner, providing or soliciting guidance when appropriate;
- In close collaboration with the COP and home office staff, monitors the project budget, including tracking of expenditure and forecasting, and contributes to development of scopes of work, implementation plans, budgets and forecasts;
- Responsible for project subcontractor relationship management and ensures proactive and compliant mobilization of subcontract expertise;
- Serves as a key liaison between the field team and home office staff on all matters related to project financial management and operations, and assures smooth coordination on all logistics, contracts, financial planning and reporting, and other administrative matters;
- Plays key role in managing expert consultant roster, working with COP, Recruiter, and Home Office team identify and field US and international consultants for all field-based assignments;
- Keeps COP and Home Office apprised of issues related to project management and implementation;
- Works effectively with technical staff and support staff members to assure timely completion of administrative deliverables, as requested by COP.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as accounting, finance, public administration, policy, engineering, construction, or international development. A Master’s degree is desirable;
- Technical experience providing operations, administrative and finance support to projects working in engineering and construction, preferably in the water sector;
- Experience managing construction contracting, preferably in water sector, from tendering through closeout and for multiple subcontracts in multiple locations simultaneously;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing USAID contracts with increasing responsibility;
- Work experience providing contractual and financial oversight to USAID-funded projects is required, preferably including engineering and construction;
- Report writing skills demonstrated through high quality contributions to work plans and progress reports;
- Previous supervisory experience related to providing feedback and guidance to technical and administration personnel, financial management, budgeting, financial systems development and oversight, accounting, payroll, procurement and logistical support services;
- Previous relevant experience in Jordan and/or the MENA region;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is preferred;
- Excellent Organizational Skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, sometimes intense environment;
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic is required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.