CDP is a leading international charity founded 18 years ago to address the dangerous threat of climate change. It has since grown to become the world's foremost system for companies and cities to report on carbon emissions, water stewardship and deforestation. We operate key hubs in London, New York and Berlin with other representation in the rest of Europe, Brazil, Australia, Japan, India and China.
CDP North America (CDP NA) is an independent 501(c)3 charity, based in New York, which works in close association with other members of the CDP operation throughout the world. Our office is growing, and we are seeking a highly motivated individual with skill-sets in operations, communications and data management to support the highly motivated, successful, and ambitious Supply Chain team at CDP.
CDP’s supply chain program works with the largest companies in the world to improve the environmental performance of their supply chains by engaging their suppliers. If you have a passion and desire to proactively work to with businesses to prevent dangerous climate change, then this is the ideal role for you.
The Project Officer (PO) will be based in CDP’s New York office and will report to the Director of Corporate Engagement and Strategic Partnerships. The PO will be responsible for carrying out critical activities to support CDP’s Supply Chain team. The key areas of responsibility include: creating content for external presentations, industry-specific research, supporting the development of data outputs, and providing administrative support to the Supply Chain team. Attention to detail, efficiency and the highest-level of organization are fundamental to this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Account management support including responding to external questions and updating customer relationship management database (CRM) records
- Preparing tailored reports for CDP supply chain member companies
- Creating content for webinars, events, member calls, and member meetings
- Representing CDP Supply Chain on external webinars
- Conducting research on supply chain/procurement sustainability and EHS
- Maintaining customer relationship management database
- Supporting the quality assurance and testing of data analysis outputs
- Operational assistance and relationship management support for SC Account Managers
- Administrative support on event organization and production
- Administrative support on CDP Supply Chain including organising team meetings and taking minutes
The ideal candidate will have:
- College graduate, preferably with a degree in sustainability related studies
- A very high level of organisation and attention to detail
- Confident verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- An interest in using and maintaining data and databases
- Proven success in providing effective administrative support
- Self-motivated and driven
- Excellent written and spoken English
- The ability to deliver excellent results under pressure
- A good team player with the ability to work with colleagues around the world
- Demonstrated project management and coordination skills
- Advanced in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience in a client relationship management (CRM) program
- Knowledge of climate change, water risk & stewardship, deforestation issues
- Familiarity with procurement and/or supply chain management functions
- Knowledge of CDP and its mission
- Knowledge or experience in marketing communications is a plus
The successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in the USA. The role is located at our offices in Manhattan, New York.
Benefits include excellent medical & dental, non-contributory 401k (additional contributory 401k amount optional), 24 days of vacation annually.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should:
Send a copy of their resume along with a cover email outlining their suitability for the role to . Please use the subject title Application for Supply Chain Project Officer, New York