AECOM is a leading global consultancy in infrastructure. AECOM’s Water Infrastructure Team in Ireland has over 120 professionals operating from 5 locations across the island. We are seeking a highly driven Associate Director to join our Dublin Office.
Working within a well-established group you will provide technical and commercial leadership to our In house multidisciplinary teams based on your strong track record in the water consultancy sector. You will be confident in preparing feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design and administration of contracts through construction and handover for water, wastewater and utility projects.
You will be responsible for working with internal and external clients, in an effort to cross sell our service capabilities. You will play an active role in preparing reports and tenders, and demonstrate strong project management skills and commercial acumen.
You will be recognized by peers and clients as a subject matter expert in water resources, municipal infrastructure or treatment systems
- Drive a culture of optimal safety in design and construction
- Manage a wide portfolio of water infrastructure projects from pursuit through to completion
- Mitigate and manage contract risk associated with scope creep
- Monitor key project performance indicators and ensure that project data is accurate and provided in a timely manner
- Provide technical scrutiny and verification of project deliverables
- Confidently perform as a client interface
- Demonstrate team leadership skills
- Prepare reports and communicate with senior management in a clear and concise manner
- Bring innovation and new ideas to clients and project teams
- Understand and implement best practice
- Mentor other staff in setting and developing career goals
- Achieve continual learning and professional development in area of expertise
- Champion AECOM quality assurance and quality control standards
- Actively participate in thought leadership in industry, contributing to publications and new standards
Specific Skills Required:
- Good working knowledge of either NEC/FIDIC/GCC suite of contracts.
- Experience in operating an enterprise project management system
- Experience in a role which involved client management responsibilities.
- You will require strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills;
- Demonstrated commercial acumen, and the ability to contribute to bid development;
- Accustomed to working at the highest levels of HSSE compliance at all design stages
- Experience in water engineering and minimum 2 years with Irish Water standards or equivalent utility
- You will hold a minimum of a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Masters will be preferred
- You will be chartered with a relevant institution (e.g Engineers Ireland, ICE or CIWEM)
- Full driving licence
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.