Team Leader: Water Facility
The SWITCH to Green and Water Facilities will 1) provide quality support to improve programme identification, formulation and delivery, 2) support dialogue, networking and coordination with development partners working on green economy issues, and 3) support knowledge creation, dissemination and communication efforts, and build capacities for improved EU cooperation on green economy.
The Water facility will 1) provide quality support to improve programme identification, formulation and delivery, 2) support dialogue, networking and coordination with development partners working on water and sanitation, and 3) support knowledge creation, dissemination and communication efforts, and build capacities for improved EU cooperation on water and sanitation.
For more than 20 years, GFA teams have been supporting public and private sector stakeholders in implementing green economy policies, strategies and concepts. GFA currently implements the Switch to Green Facility.
For further information on green economy please go to:
Moreover, GFA has more than 15 years of experience in the field of water resource management. For further information on water please go to:
S/he will be the main interlocutor of DEVCO C2 for the management of the contract and will be responsible for ensuring high quality of the deliverables of the facility. This expert will provide the strategic vision of the assignment and will supervise and coordinate the inputs of the other key and non-key experts. S/he will advise on the identification and implementation of activities. This will include, among others:
- Steering and managing the assignment as a whole, carrying out a major part of the day-to-day work, dispatching tasks to the other experts of the team;
- Preparation of specific studies and fulfilment of other tasks requested by DEVCO C2;
- Supervise the elaboration, production and quality control of the facility outputs;
- Ensure the timely preparation of the progress and annual reports.
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree in natural resources management, environmental science, development studies or related fields;
- Excellent knowledge of the water and sanitation related policies and best practices, in the EU and in developing countries;
- Knowledge of aid delivery methods and the project cycle management;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in English required; Knowledge of French also required if none of the other key experts speaks French. Ability to also communicate in other languages (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese...) would be an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 15 years of professional experience, including 5 years in the context of international cooperation and 5 years working on water & sanitation related issues (relevant assignments may count for both the international cooperation experience requirement and the water & sanitation experience requirement).
Specific professional experience
- Proven experience as Team leader on at least 3 assignments.
- Work experience in developing countries of at least 2 years.