Australia nationals: Director, Water Infrastructure and Operations
The Department for Environment and Water (DEW) aims to help South Australians conserve, sustain and prosper. It facilitates community involvement in and taking responsibility for the environment and acts as a steward for the State’s natural resources to enable sustainable development. DEW is a custodian of national parks, botanic gardens, heritage places and Crown Lands for public benefit and is an authority on the State’s environment and natural resources to help good, long term decision making. The Departmenr seeks to actively and sustainably manage the State's water resources, including the River Murray.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, Water and River Murray, this pivotal leadership role is responsible for:
- the strategic oversight, management and operation of a range of assets and functions that underpin SA’s water security and deliver significant environmental, economic and social benefits to the State;
- overseeing the delivery of a number of SA’s key Murray-Darling Basin Plan commitments and Joint Venture obligations and delivering the works plan for the South Eastern Water Conservation and Drainage Board;
- providing a leadership role, in partnership with other Branch Heads within the Water and River Murray Division, to ensure that the Division plans, develops and implements a range of strategies and initiatives that support effective and sustainable water management for the State;
- making an active contribution to the overall leadership and effective operation of the Department.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced senior executives with the superior leadership, stakeholder relationship building, diplomacy, pragmatism, authenticity, credibility, respect, integrity and drive required to be successful in this senior leadership role.
Contract up to 3 years
- May be required to participate in fire management and associated duties
- May require some intra/interstate travel and out of hours work
- This role has been designated as a Position of Trust pursuant to the standards required in the Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework. By applying for this role you consent to being screened under the process of obtaining a National Police Clearance (NPC), and to the Department requiring you to obtain a National Police Clearance (NPC).
Ben Bruce, Group Executive Director
All applications must be submitted online.
Applicants to submit a CV and letter of application addressing the competency elements outlined in the Role Description. Applications to be submitted via henderconsulting.com.au
Applications close: 26/04/2019 6:00 PM
- RD Director, Water Infrastructure and Operations.pdf
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.