Australia nationals: Executive Director, Environment, Heritage and Sustainability
The Department for Environment and Water (DEW) aims to help South Australians conserve, sustain and prosper. It facilitates community involvement in and taking responsibility for the environment and acts as a steward for the State’s natural resources to enable sustainable development. DEW is a custodian of national parks, botanic gardens, heritage places and Crown Lands for public benefit and is an authority on the State’s environment and natural resources to help good, long term decision making. The Department seeks to actively and sustainably manage the State's water resources, including the River Murray.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, this pivotal leadership role is responsible for:
- the achievement of key legislative and organisational objectives across a diverse and complex range of environmental areas;
- making an active contribution to the overall leadership and effective operation of the Department, including representing or deputising for the CE as requested;
- ensuring strong and productive relationships, networks and partnerships are established and maintained, and acting as a strategic interface between various stakeholders in the effective provision of support to a range of Boards and Councils and the delivery of plans and programs.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced senior executives with the superior leadership, stakeholder relationship building, diplomacy, pragmatism, authenticity, credibility, respect, integrity and drive required to be successful in this senior leadership role.
Contract up to 3 years
- May be required to participate in fire management and associated duties.
- May require some intra/interstate travel.
- This role has been designated as a Position of Trust pursuant to the standards required in the Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework. By applying for this role you consent to being screened under the process of obtaining a National Police Clearance (NPC), and to the Department requiring you to obtain a National Police Clearance (NPC).
John Schutz, Chief Executive
All applications must be submitted online.
Applicants to submit a CV and letter of application addressing the competency elements outlined in the Role Description. Applications to be submitted via henderconsulting.com.au
Applications close: 26/04/2019 6:00 PM
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.