Acclimatise is looking for a bright and enthusiastic Data Analyst who has well established skills using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence, and wants to apply them to our work helping our clients build their resilience to climate change.
With an interest in spatial and satellite data, you will be experienced in the analysis of large and complex data sets. At Acclimatise, you will help us to find patterns, meaning and links between data that from many different sources. These may be climate / Earth Observation, socioeconomic or financial related, and vital in helping others better understand how a changing climate can affect business, society and the environment in the coming years and decades.
The appointed candidate will be fundamental to many aspects of our work, contributing to product development strategies and working closely with colleagues and customers to take "Eureka" ideas from the whiteboard, through to conceptual and technical feasibility, and onto applied development and marketable products.
The position is a full time, fixed-contract appointment based in Oxford. Acclimatise has an international presence which opens up the opportunity for overseas travel and collaboration.
Deadline for applications Friday 26th April 2019, 6pm GMT.
All applicants must have full rights to reside and work in the UK. Acclimatise will not consider candidates who require sponsorship to secure visas and work permits.
About the role:
The successful candidate will be working in Acclimatise’s Analytics division, and based in our Oxford office.
The role will entail the need for quality driven technical and numerical excellence, innovation, collaboration and an agile method of working to adapt to changing demands. It provides the opportunity to apply your skills in a commercial environment and in a company driven by quality and innovation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Big data analysis, pattern recognition and applied A.I.
- Specifying, identifying and deploying data analysis cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure etc
- Nurturing existing / developing new relationships with Big Data organisations and providers such as AWS, European Space Agency and Copernicus
- Producing high-quality, technically robust outputs and data sets for use in tools and applications
- Contributing to technical specifications for tools development and quality control / testing
- Contributing to business development and research / grant funding activities
- Project and budget management
Essential skills and experience:
- Innovative, creative and analytical mind
- Post Graduate qualification or equivalent in a relevant data driven subject
- Proven technical experience in Big Data analytics, machine learning techniques and A.I.; ability to translate unstructured information into structured information (R, Python, Perl, Matlab etc)
- Identifying and deploying high performance cloud computing services and a good understanding of computational frameworks (Apache, MapReduce, Hadoop etc).
- Experience of data warehousing and relational / non-relational database systems and query languages
- Advanced skills in Excel and reporting & data visualisation software
- Experience of project, budget and staff line management
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills; fluency in written and spoken English
- International travel required from time-to-time
- All applicants must have full rights to reside and work in the UK. Acclimatise will not consider candidates who require sponsorship to secure visas and work permits
- Knowledge of Spatial Data Infrastructure
- Analysis of satellite and spatial data sets
- Writing software development plans, strategies and specifications
- Managing or leading software developers / mixed skill delivery teams
- Working in a consulting capacity
- Experience of working with, or for, private sector organisations
- Fluency in French and / or Spanish