U.K. nationals: Hydrometry Officer
To support the delivery of Hydrometry & Telemetry (H&T) services, ensuring accurate and timely data, alarms and information is provided to customers. Ensure your work contributes to positive environmental outcomes.
- Operate, maintain and calibrate the monitoring networks and equipment adhering to Standards, Health and Safety, best practice and contributing to the monitoring programme
- Undertake ad-hoc monitoring activities to support specific investigations.
- Validate, analyse and interpret data, adhering to Standards and best practice.
- Assist in the maintenance, management and optimisation of data collection systems and archives.
- Assist in the preparation of reports from information and field investigations.
- Provide accurate and timely data, alarms and information to Agency staff, stake-holders and business systems to support operational decisions, flood risk management, environmental management and regulation.
- Participate in standby and call out rotas to ensure effective, efficient, timely and safe responses to incidents.
The Hydrometry and Telemetry field team collects and processes hydrometric data that is essential for the assessment and management of water in the environment. We also manage, operate and maintain many hydrometric and field telemetry assets to ensure accurate and reliable data is continuously available for customers. Our monitoring service underpins many of the Environment Agency’s responsibilities relating to flood forecasting / warning, incident management and managing our water resources.
- Field work – practical experience
- Awareness of different hydrometric monitoring methods and the resulting data.
- Awareness of data transmission systems and data collection & management systems.
- Experience of data management.
Contact and additional information
Closing Date: 8th May 2019 at 23:55 hours Angus Richardson 02030258970 This role is a development role and on successful completion of a development framework the post will become a permanent grade 4 and attract a salary of £27,572.
Job description attachment 1
- Candidate Pack - 10316.docx
- Converted file
Job description attachment 2
- Job Profile - 10316.pdf
Level of security checks required Basic Check
Data and Information Management
Collects, analyses, interprets, records, manages, develops and shares data, material or information appropriately for a variety of purposes.
Sets and delivers high work standards, demonstrates the drive to meet targets. Prioritises and organises tasks and resources to ensure timely achievement of results
Works in Teams
Works co-operatively as part of a team to achieve common goals. Identifies opportunities to work and build relationships with other team members. Builds relationships between own team and other teams
Manage your health and safety
Making sure your own behaviour reduces risks to the health and safety of yourself and others.
Role specific license requirements
Full Driving License