Adjunct Instructor: Water Sciences
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and results that count. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace empowering people to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place … SAIT.
SAIT’s MacPhail School of Energy is the first school of energy in Canada and one of only a handful of energy schools in North America. Its industry-relevant program offerings, highly qualified and industry-trained faculty, state-of-the-art technical lab facilities, and outcome-based curriculum provide excellent hands-on training for our students.
This is a unique opportunity to join our team as we develop a comprehensive portfolio of water programing that will not only serve demands and needs at a local level, but regionally and internationally. The development involves integration of innovative strategies in applied learning, including the usage of digital technologies, entrepreneurship and social innovation. Join our team as we execute our vision of being a global leader in water training.
Reporting to the Academic Chair of Water Sustainability, the Adjunct Instructor in water sciences supports the School’s new Water Strategy by assisting with the development of SAIT’s new Integrated Water Management Diploma. As a Water Sciences Instructor you’ll have a passion for water and applied education, along with experience with mentoring, teaching and talent development. Possessing sound understanding of emerging topics, issues, and applications in the diverse areas of water management. Having significant research and content development experience, you have comprehensive expertise and a successful track record in industry and/or the post-secondary sector in at least one of the following areas:
• Water resources engineering and hydraulics
• Hydrology and hydrogeology
• Data analysis using various modeling programs
• Field work experience involving water measurement, sampling and monitoring
- In consultation with the Chair of Water Sustainability, lead curriculum initiatives of areas assigned to your technical expertise including evaluation, design, development and anticipated maintenance to maintain accuracy of course content
- Assist with the development of advanced training material in water sciences
- Collaborate with instructional designers, the team from the Centre of Applied Education and Innovation, the team from Applied Research and Innovation Services, and other SAIT schools and departments
- Collaborate with other instructors on curriculum design and integration of tools for applied learning in water
- Assist the Academic Chair with research and thought leadership activities
- Help create content and materials for SAIT’s Water Strategy
- Support improvement projects aimed at learner engagement and learner retention
- Minimum of post-secondary education, graduate studies will be considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills including technical writing and presentation skills
- Experience with instruction and competency development will be considered an asset
- Proven ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tight timelines
- Skilled at utilizing a consultative approach and building long-term relationships as collaborator and influencer
- Comfortable coordinating change and meeting deliverables under pressure
- Keen eye for detail with a continuous desire to uphold quality and current standards.
- Experience with open-source software and data acquisition tools will be considered an asset
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Comprehensive expertise and a successful track record in industry and/or the post-secondary sector in at least one of the following areas:
- Water resources engineering and hydraulics
- Hydrology and hydrogeology
- Data analysis using various modeling programs
- Field work experience involving water measurement, sampling and monitoring
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
SAFA: This position is part of the SAFA (SAIT’s Faculty Association)
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.
Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta
Position End Date
MacPhail School of Energy
# of Positions
The compensation range
0.00 - 0.00 Salary
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. With a newly launched brand and ongoing celebrations marking 100 years of educating skilled workers, now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
- Job ID: req522
- Job Location: Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta
- Job Classification: Instructor
- Job Type: Sessional
- Employee Group: SAFA
- Position End Date:
- Department: MacPhail School of Energy
- # of Positions: 1
- Posting Closing Date: All applications must be received by: Open until filled. at 4:59PM MST / 5:59PM MDT.