Pantanal Initiative Intern
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks an intern for the Pantanal Initiative. As part of the Latin American and Caribbean Secretariat, supports the Senior Policy Director in moving forward a three-year, trinational initiative that entails cooperating with WWF Country Offices, the Cerrado-Pantanal Advisory Group and the governments of Bolivia, Brazil, and Paraguay to produce and agree to a joint sustainable development and conservation strategy for the world's largest tropical wetland.
The intern will help write, revise and translate documents from English to Spanish and vice versa and to produce communication materials in coordination with other staff at the Freshwater Goal, LAC and other offices of the network, mainly those that work with the Pantanal. The intern will also engage in current research for the Pantanal and will support with the Pantanal Lead with some administrative tasks.
Under the supervision of the Senior Policy Director, lead of the Pantanal Initiative, the intern will have the following responsibilities:
- Organize existing materials on the Pantanal and WWF’s work to develop concise, clear messaging and provide easier access to information
- Develop materials, especially ppt presentations on the Pantanal
- Provide translation support between Spanish and English
- Conduct research and provide analysis based on the needs of the Initiative
- Provide project management support as-needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 20 hours per week
- Excellent research skills
- Attention to detail
- Organized and self-motivated