Intern (Aquifer Protection)
Edwards Aquifer Authority
San Antonio, TX, United States
Please note: this job post has expired! To the best of our knowledge, this job is no longer available and this page remains here for archival purposes only.
- JOB SUMMARY
Assists in the collection and compilation of geologic data; assists with the development of geospatial data and aquifer protection initiatives. Assists with monitoring and evaluation related to regulatory and non-regulatory programs within Aquifer Management.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists in the collection and compilation of geologic data including the locations and designations of karst features throughout the Edwards Aquifer Recharge Zone.
- Assists with processing related data and files.
- Assists with the maintenance of associated data files in the EAA's electronic data base system.
- Assists with conservation easement inspections.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must be currently enrolled as a student in a College or University with a minimum of 60 hours college coursework and a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Relevant college coursework with a minimum of twelve hours in geology, environmental science, geography, or other science areas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Some knowledge of computer system operations and GIS software preferred; ability to exercise initiative, independent judgment and responsibility.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Job performance may require: listening, seeing, sitting, talking, reaching, pulling or pushing; frequent lifting, balancing, carrying, grasping, handling of items and equipment weighting up to 50 pounds; occasional walking, standing, stooping, bending and crawling in rough terrain requiring a high level of physical exertion; some irregular hours and long workdays, and moderate levels of stress. Job may consist of up to 50% work in an office environment and 50% work outside that includes exposure to extremes in weather, rough terrain, such as brush, rocks, and hills, and may also include exposure to hazardous chemicals, insects, and snakes. Performance may also include work around construction sites, work along roadways, well drilling or other similar work sites.