Consultant for Capacity Building on Reviewing Environmental Management Plan
WWF-Myanmar is looking for a Consultant for Capacity Building on Reviewing Environmental Management Plan position to be based in Yangon or Home based with substantial travel in Myanmar.
WWF Myanmar was established in 2013 and is working to conserve the country’s biodiversity and build a sustainable future for people and wildlife. The focus is on promoting green economy within national policies, and sustaining and protecting biodiversity and ecological connectivity of the landscape through an integrated landscape approach, and the Ayeyarwady river basin through an integrated river basin approach. Find out more at www.wwf.org.mm
WWF is supporting key stakeholders to develop, implement and monitor Environmental Management Plan (EMP) in the F&B industry.This consultancy aims to build the capacity and jointly develop necessary guidelines to effectively develop and review EMP guidelines. Recently Environmental Conservation Department (ECD) has suggested the Project to form the Environmental Management Plan working group specifically for the Food and Beverage (F&B) Industry. The working group will also involve other relevant stakeholders from the different ministries, F&B sector Associations and other development partners. In line with this request, the project is in the process of establishing this working group. This assignment seeks to involve the working group and the entire process of developing EMP roadmap will be guided and endorsed by the working group.
- Consultancy objectives
Many challenges exist for Myanmar stakeholders to reduce industrial environmental footprint and comply with national emission guidelines. A systematic approach that prioritises high polluting sub-sectors within F&B sector and that supports key stakeholders to develop, implement and monitor the EMP, is critical to ensure efficiency, sustainability and accountability. The consultancy aims to facilitate a systematic approach to prioritise sub-sectors, build capacity and develop guidelines for key stakeholders to review and monitor EMP, developed and submitted by the industry.
- Scope of work
The consultant is expected to provide a detailed methodology and timeline and get it approved from the project. The consultant will provide technical support to the project team on EMP review, roadmap development, implementation and monitoring. This consultancy foresee the consultant involvement in three slots in Myanmar for all the onsite activities including attending three F&B specific working group meetings. The scope of the work is as follows
- Facilitate the discussion on developing a roadmap for EMP implementation for F&B industry based on the key selected parameters. This may include
- Grouping the sub-sectors based on the emission parameters and environmental impact management parameters.
- Proposing and facilitating the discussion on a roadmap, including timeline, roles and responsibilities, monitoring and accountability plan.
- Support the local government and relevant stakeholders to review Environmental Management Plans and develop EMP Review Guidelines for F&B sector.
- Develop systematic EMP review guidelines that provide step-by-step approach to the reviewers to evaluate and take relevant actions against the EMP
- Provide thorough clinical review of the EMP received by the reviewers and train the reviewers to review the EMPs based on the review guidelines developed
- Conduct group site visits, as and when necessary as a part of the clinical review and capacity building programme
Consultant need to develop a detailed work plan with time line within a 10 days of signing a contract and submit it to the project for approval
The detailed output and deliverables can be downloaded below.
- Extensive experience in environmental management field: reporting, implementation, review and audit
- Demonstrated experience in preparing guidelines and training to review Environmental Management Plan
- Experience in practical factory visits and validating, reviewing and monitoring environmental management
- Knowledge of production, pollution parameters and level of impacts of different sub-sectors within F&B industry
- Fluency in English and experience in writing similar reports and preparing knowledge products
- Candidate based in Myanmar or with work experience in Myanmar strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Myanmar language a distinct advantage.
Closing Date: 22 April 2019 (Monday)
Interested applicants may submit their proposal, clearly stating their fit for this position, together with expected consultancy fee (including breakdown) and CVs to or deliver to WWF Myanmar office at 15C Than Taman Street, Dagon Township, Yangon.
For additional information or clarification you can email to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.