U.K. nationals: Flood & Coastal Risk Management Advisor
Funding has been made available through Anglian Northern Regional Flood and Coastal Committee Local Levy to fund a two-year Flood and Coastal Risk Management Adviser.
The role will report to the Northamptonshire County Council (NCC) Flood and Water Manager, on secondment from the Environment Agency’s PSO Team, and will be based at NCC Offices in Northampton.
This role involves development of NCC’s Flood and Water Capital Programme through management of the capital pipeline of projects. Additionally, the role will seek new flood risk reduction opportunities in line with the Northamptonshire Local Flood Risk Management Strategy. The candidate will be expected to work closely with flood risk partners including communities and members of the public to respond to flood risk enquiries and seek opportunities for flood risk reduction.
The Northamptonshire County Council Flood and Water Management Team is the Lead Local Flood Authority for the County. They have responsibility for co-ordinating the response to and management of surface water, ordinary watercourse and groundwater flood risk; and work closely with partners and communities to support this.
• Knowledge of Flood and Water Management
• Application of GIS and IT systems to collate, analyse and present data and evidence.
• Knowledge of data management
• An appropriate level of project management experience and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with particular reference to negotiating skills.
• Ability to build networks of contacts and maintain effective relationships with local government officers, and representatives from other partner organisation in the public and private sector.
• Engagement and collaborative working with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve multiple outcomes.
• Understanding of the structure of local government, the role of elected Members and current issues facing local government.
• A relevant degree and/or alternative professional qualification, or alternative by experience.
• Good negotiation skills;
• Experience of commissioning and management of consultants and contractors desirable.
• Working in a changing environment including new ways of working.
Contact and additional information
Closing Date: 21st April 2019 at 23:55 hours Phil Jones, Flood and Water Manager on Tel: 01604 366754; email: