JSI R&T India Foundation (JSI Foundation) is a not for profit company, registered in 2014 under Section 8 of the Companies Act 2013. The mission of the JSI Foundation is to improve the health of under-served people and communities and to provide a place where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause. Affiliated to JSI India, which has been in existence since the past 4 years, we work closely with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Women and Child Development, as well as state counterparts, Niti Aayog, leading CSR companies, international donors and UN organisations to implement innovative, context specific and comprehensive Public Health programs in India.
The JSI Foundation also draws upon the expertise, wealth of resources, technical and administrative support of John Snow, USA (JSI), a leading public health organization dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the world. Over the past 40 years, JSI has become a recognized leader for its innovative approaches in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH), family planning (FP), immunization, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, non-communicable diseases, nutrition, supply chain management, monitoring & evaluation and health system strengthening.
JSI Foundation through its project ANSH (Adolescent Nutrition, Sanitation and Health) aims to improve nutrition status of adolescent girls and boys in select districts of four states – Bihar, UP, MP and Assam, leveraging available options under government programs such as Rashtriya Kishore Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK), Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) and National Nutrition Mission (NNM). Initiated in Feb 2018, the project will put greater emphasis on achieving WASH targets in the year 2019 while working closely with Water and Sanitation department and Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan. The Pushti project is implemented in Nabha block of Patiala, Punjab. The project focusses on improving nutrition and WASH for women and children.
The Technical Officer - WASH will provide technical guidance and management support to undertake WASH activities in geographies of ANSH and Pushti projects. S/he will be responsible for the assessment, implementation and monitoring of WASH activities in the project area along with capacity building of project staff and other partners and functionaries. S/he will be the point of contact for liaison with govt. functionaries for advocacy and coordination. In addition to project responsibilities, the Technical Officer – WASH will support new business development activities and other project activities related to WASH.
The Technical Officer - WASH will provide overall technical guidance and support to undertake WASH activities in geographies of ANSH and Pushti projects.
- Develop a program plan towards improving the quality of water, sanitation and WASH related practices, as per programme approach.
- Ensure smooth implementation, manage the team’s performance of project tasks and activities.
- Develop parameters and checklists to asses drinking water safety and adequacy in project areas and suggest and implement low cost solutions.
- Develop the checklist and guideline for assessment of sanitation issues and challenges according to technical standards in schools and AWCs in the intervention areas and lead the assessment process of identifying the gaps..
- Lead the selection, management and monitoring of external agencies / vendors for for testing the quality of water in the schools and Anganwadi Centers in the intervention areas.
- Oversee the treatment of water in the schools and AWCs in intervention areas wherever required.
- Develop guidelines, material etc. and build capacity of field teams for hygiene promotion and education for the FLWs, school teachers, students and community members.
- Capacity building of partners and JSI staff, working under ANSH and PUSHTi project on WASH components.
- Liason with district administration for WASH when required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Post Graduate Degree in WASH related subjects (social sciences, public health etc.) or any other related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing WASH related programs.
- Knowledge and expertise in WASH related issues.
- Well versed with developing project management plans and implementation strategies.
- Experience of working in teams and with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills in English – verbal and written
- Data Analysis skills would be an added advantage
- Willingness to travel to field locations as required.
How to apply:
Please review the detailed Job Description and submit your application online on the following link (please copy and paste the link in your browser):
JSI India subscribes to a policy of equal opportunity. Applicants for employment will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, caste, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
Please note that the last date of applying for this position is April 21, 2019 and only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.