Deputy Chief of Party (IWSSTA)
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party position for an upcoming USAID-funded water program in Egypt. The purpose of this program is to improve water sector management and governance through targeted technical assistance to water companies. IWSSTA will focus on enhancing the water sector performance and sustainability through four major pillars:
- Asset management
- Quality of service;
- Cost recovery to increase the financial and commercial viability of existing water and wastewater companies; and
- Operational efficiency.
Deputy Chief of Party:
The DCOP will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the local team of technical and administrative personnel in close coordination with the Chief of Party. The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) in efficient operation of administrative, financial and management practices. The DCOP will provide technical leadership related to performance improvement of the Egyptian Water and Sanitation Companies. S/he will ensure the project is on scope, schedule and budget at all times. The DCOP will ensure that all procurement, recruitment and financial dealings are properly processed, documented and reported. S/he will engage with project stakeholders at the operational level and ensure project responsiveness This would be a full-time position, based in Egypt.
- Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering, economics, finance, public administration, water resources management, business management, or other relevant fields;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in international development programming, managing water sector programs in natural resource constrained environments, including: water utility (or other public services) management, public sector reform, or water and wastewater infrastructure development activities;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a DCOP, or an equivalent management position, for projects of similar size and complexity;
- Proven experience in the successful management of water and sewerage utility reform efforts, coordinating their operation and management, with a preference for 5 years of experience in Egypt;
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, lead complex teams in different locations and perform remote personnel management;
- Demonstrated expertise in two or more of the following areas: utility organizations and management, corporatization, utility finance, and human resources development;
- Familiarity with Egyptian laws and regulations pertaining to the Water Sector in Egypt, in general, and to the establishment and operation of Water and Wastewater utilities in particular;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is preferred;
- Outstanding communication, management, and reporting skills;
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic is required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.