Australia nationals: Director (Water Planning Policy)
An opportunity currently exists to relieve in the Director Water Planning position in Brisbane within Water Policy, Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy.
You will play a key role in realising the strategic priorities for the division. You will lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team to develop, analysis and implement regulatory, legislative and policy frameworks relating to water management and develop and implement water resource plans.
To achieve the outcomes required by this role, you must be able to:
• Provide expert advice, and assist the Executive Director, Water Policy to provide strategic analysis and develop strategic policy on all aspects of water resource management within Queensland.
• Provide leadership and direction in advancing the sustainable allocation and management of the State's water resources in accordance with legislative requirements and Queensland's commitments under national water policy frameworks.
• Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of strategic policy documents (submissions, reports, papers, statements, briefings and correspondence) on complex and sensitive issues relation to water policy to inform Ministerial and senior executive decision-making.
• Build and manage positive working relationships and partnerships with colleagues, other levels of government - state and federal, industry and non-government organisation to achieve policy outcomes and deliver on Government commitments.
• Lead and managed consultation and negotiations with industry stakeholders on complex and contentious issues in relation to water resource management.
• Establish, lead and manage multidisciplinary teams and multi-agency teams undertaking water planning functions.
• Ensure a culture of service delivery and high performance that recognises the unique contribution of individuals, encourages personal and team development, and encourages an appropriate work/life balance.
• Manage, mentor, coach and train staff in their development to ensure the necessary skills and motivation exist to respond to service delivery requirements and performance to a high level of skill and expertise.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.