Coordinator of the Helmholtz International Research School "TRACER" (f/m/x)
With the Helmholtz International Research School „Trajectories towards Water Security (TRACER)”, the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ in partnership with TU Dresden (D), Purdue University (USA), University of Florida (USA) and with the German Environment Agency (UBA) and the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), aims to develop a new comprehensive understanding of spatiotemporal trajectories of human impacts on natural water systems and feedbacks between human and ecological systems.
We offer the following vacancy at the nearest possible date: Coordinator of the Helmholtz International Research School "TRACER" (f/m/x)
Working time: 100% (39 hours per week), initially limited to three years (extension for another three years is possible if the project is positively evaluated)
The employment is subject to approval of funds by the sponsoring party.
- oversee and coordinate all TRACER activities
- implement and coordinate the international, interdisciplinary training and supervision concept
- implement and coordinate the networking and cooperation activities between partners
- organize the recruitment of doctoral researchers; facilitate cooperation and interactions among research teams
- initiate synthesis activities and joint publication efforts
- manage TRACER in terms of all administrative and organizational aspects
- a PhD in a relevant field of natural or social sciences, ideally in a water-related discipline of Environmental Science or Engineering
- knowledge of international standards and best practice with regard to training and promotion of young scientists; professional experience with the coordination of interdisciplinary training programs is beneficial
- ability to work in an interdisciplinary research team and in international research networks
- assertiveness and strong skills in developing and implementing innovative training concepts
- intercultural competencies and excellent communication skills
- excellent written and spoken English and good German language skills
Please submit you application including your CV, a letter of motivation, a reference letter, degree certificates. Please do not include a photo in your application.
- An exciting, safe workplace and varied tasks
- A corporate culture in which it is an enjoyment to contribute ideas, energy and initiative
- Interesting career opportunities and an extensive range of training and further education courses
- A vibrant region with a high quality of life and a wide cultural and a variety of offers for work-life balance
- Remuneration up to public-sector pay-grade 14 including public-sector social security benefits