Social Scientist/Community Development Specialist
The overall goal for the development of WfP is to promote development of cost-effective and sustainable water supply and water management for increased production and contribution to the modernization of the agricultural sector in Uganda with a focus on poverty reduction and minimal environmental impacts in Karamoja region.
To fulfil this goal, the Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE) defined objectives, strategies and key areas of intervention for the WfP sub-sector in its Sector Investment Plan of 2015-16 to 2019-20. One of the objectives of the sub-sector is to increase the functionality and utilization of WfP facilities.
To achieve the sub-sector objective, the Department of Water for Production (DWfP) seeks to review and update the O&M Strategy and Plan that was developed in 2008 and to develop O&M Technical and Management Manuals for WfP facilities.
Under this assignment, the following tasks are going to be performed:
- Carry out a comprehensive situation analysis on operation, maintenance and management of WfP facilities across the country;
- Review and update the O&M Strategy and Implementation Plan for the sustainable management of WfP facilities;
- Review and update the O&M Sustainable Management Manual for WfP facilities;
- Develop the O&M Technical Manual for WfP facilities and related posters.
- On-site assignment for up to four expert months;
- Supporting the team leader in achieving the four mentioned project tasks in high quality and in time.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, development studies or related field;
- 10 years technical experience in relevant fields;
- Extensive experiences (3 assignments) in development of manuals and strategies, social impact assessments related to infrastructure projects, participatory management and stakeholder mobilization and engagement processes;
- Work experience in Uganda and knowledge of the Ugandan cultural value systems is critical;
- Excellent command of the spoken and written English language.