Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) Advisor
Salary: £37,000 with excellent benefits
Want to use your skills in planning, monitoring and evaluation to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as our Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) Advisor to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid Accountability & Effectiveness team plays a key role in enabling WaterAid to meet our organisational accountabilities and strengthen our effectiveness.
As our innovative and supportive PMER Advisor you will strengthen our planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting processes and build the capacities of our Country Programmes and Regional Teams to work more effectively.
You will be required to travel up to eight weeks per year.
In this role, you will support the effective development and implementation of WaterAid's planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting processes.
* Manage the capacity development of staff from across the organisation in PMER processes
* Provide technical support to Country Programmes and Regional Teams, as well as ensuring other teams have a good understanding of our PMER processes
* lead global level evaluations as well as learning from sector good practice to ensure high quality organisational processes.
* Oversee global planning and reporting processes
* Represent WaterAid externally on PMER issues
To be successful, you'll need:
* Substantial experience in designing planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting processes and tools at project, country and global levels
* Proven experience in conducting and/or managing evaluations e.g. project, thematic, country programme etc.
* Strong interpersonal skills and networking skills with the ability to collaborate and build alliances internally and externally.
Visit the WaterAid careers page for a full job pack.
WaterAid benefits include:
* 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
* Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
* We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
* Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
* Season Ticket Loan
* Free annual eye tests
* Pay as You Earn training scheme
* Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on 25th of April. Availability for interview is required 1st of May and second interview date is 15th of May
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact in WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at