Marketing and Communications Manager
About the Position
Water For People is currently recruiting for the position of Marketing and Communications Manager. The Marketing and Communciations Manager (MCM) manages a broad range of marketing duties to help grow Water For People’s audience engagement and donor pool. This includes copywriting and content development, external organizational communications projects, and support for country level marketing and communication efforts. The MCM will support the Denver Marketing and Communications HQ team with marketing campaigns and other partnership initiatives, playing a key role in the development of written content for the website, digital media, direct mail, reports, publications, presentations, campaigns, partner initiatives, and more. The MCM will also act as a marketing liaison between HQ and Water For People’s Latin America country programs, supporting country level marketing and communication strategies and coordinating asset collection from program areas (photography, videography, and written collateral).
The nature of this position is working cross-departmentally and cross-offices to achieve cohesive and fluid results that demonstrate strong internal and external audience engagement. Fluency in Spanish is required.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
- Copywriting: Write high-engagement content that reflects the Water For People brand voice
- Content Development: Support the Marketing and Communications team to develop a variety of written materials that may include content for website, digital media, direct mail, reports, publications, presentations, campaigns, donor engagement tools, and external communications for Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) sector audience, donors, and corporate partners.
- Editing: Review and edit content (including grants, donor reports, marketing collateral, etc.) in both English and Spanish to ensure consistent global branding and messaging
- Work with the Writer and Content Manager to develop story starts that relate to current marketing strategy and editorial themes
- Serve as the direct marketing and communications link between Latin America country offices and HQ, helping these offices contribute to local, regional, and global communications plans and strategies
- In collaboration with Director of Marketing and Communications, support Latin America country offices in creation and execution of their own marketing and communications plans
- Provide marketing and communications-related support for Latin America regional business development efforts
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications, Global Programs, and Program Learning teams to support the broader, Latin America communications plan and strategy, helping to fulfill asset needs for various departments
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications team to design training activities for MarCom team members globally, and tailor to implement in Latin America country offices
- Coordinate asset collection from the five Latin America country programs (photography, video, and written collateral)
- Support Water For People’s global influence strategy by assisting with Water For People’s participation and visibility at WASH sector conferences and events (as needed)
- Ensure brand quality, consistency, and alignment – through messaging and visual communication - across all country offices and HQ
- Support internal Spanish-English-Spanish translation, as needed
- Manage project budgets and outside vendors, as needed
- Provide support for other tasks and special projects as necessary
Behaviors and Competencies
- Connects to the Mission – Embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays leading social impact in international development; understands and demonstrates how own efforts impact on the larger organization and operates in alignment with the vision, values, and strategic objectives of the organization.
- Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity – Understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Demonstrates Cultural Awareness - Shows empathy, a high comfort level in low- and middle-income countries, and unquestionable integrity; able to engage the wide range of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Action-oriented – Has an unwavering commitment to delivering quality work products.
- Connects with Others – Demonstrates exceptional communications and interpersonal skills, exceptional networker, key influencer, and comfortable representing Water For People across a wide variety of audiences.
- Manages through Ambiguity - Demonstrates flexibility and adapatability in responding to change and ambiguity.
- Self-confident - Demonstrates humility, mature confidence, and courage to innovate, risk, and lead in own role; handles tough questions or critique in a professional manner assuming the best intentions; open to feedback and coaching.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Advertising, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 4-6 years of experience in advertising or marketing roles, developing a variety of written content for multiple consumer and business audiences, both domestic and international
- Fluency in Spanish & English required; experience communicating with global audiences in both languages (written and verbal)
- Ability to curate clear and concise content for internal and external audiences that captures the essence of campaigns and Water For People’s WASH sector work
- Project management skills – able to keep multiple projects moving and meet competing deadlines
- Working knowledge of best practices in digital marketing and social media
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, WordPress strongly preferred
- Experience living and working in another country desired
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time domestically and internationally to low- and middle-income countries where travel can be rugged
- Open office environment when not traveling
- This position is based at Water For People Headquarters in Denver, Colorado
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Contact and Further Information
If you are both qualified and Water For People interests you, please visit our Career Center and apply with your resume and cover letter to this position. Please no phone calls or in-person inquiries.
Deadline for submitting your application is 5:00pm MT, Thursday, April 25th, 2019.
This is an exempt, full time position with a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is competitive and commensurate with level of experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water For People cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Perks of working at our office space:
- Employer-paid parking
- Walking distance from I-25 & Broadway RTD station
- Food trucks outside the office daily
- Dog-friendly workplace