Junior Water Research Consultant (Clean Energy, Environment, Water)
The Junior Water Research Consultant is a 3 month consultancy position that requires an energetic, detail-oriented person who is available to work part or full time. The position will provide research, communications, and other support for the Sustainable Water Partnership (SWP) and Winrock’s water practice. Location: Winrock International - Arlington, VA or telecommuting options available.
Support SWP implementation. Specific tasks include:
- Identify content for the Mara River Basin Community of Practice; post content on the platform, engage users/stakeholders with discussion questions, cross-post content as necessary
- Oversee administration of Community of Practice platform; confirm relevant stakeholder accounts, update partner organization user profiles, etc.
- Draft SWP success stories and blog posts
- Research and develop country water security profiles; water Supply (quantity and quality), WASH access and governance, and risks/vulnerabilities
- Support development of water security risk profiles in select countries, including research and writing draft text, working with graphic designers and SWP team on a series of profiles
- Support research and writing on other aspects of water security issues under the direction of the SWP team
- Conduct administrative task as requested, such as copy-editing work plans and reports.
Support other aspects of Winrock’s Water Unit. Specific tasks include:
- Conduct proposal-related research.
- Edit Winrock’s water capacity statements and marketing materials
- Supporting other water projects in Winrock’s portfolio as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Candidates should have a master’s degree that covers water-related issues such as water governance, water modeling, WASH, or climate change.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
Demonstrated skills in research; skilled writer on water issues; proficient in key software (MS Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint); self-starter; analytical abilities; highly organized and able to prioritize tasks; ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks; must be a team player with good interpersonal skills.