Akvo is looking for a full time programme manager to support us in the management of our existing programmes and to expand our network in West Africa.
You will manage large-scale programmes in the West Africa region and drive business development for Akvo. You are a leader who makes things happen and gets things done. You are proactive, responsible and able to maintain good working relationships in a diverse team.
This position is focused on the water and agriculture sector in West Africa. Akvo’s West Africa team has offices in Ouagadougou and Bamako. You will be based in Bamako and will report to the Akvo Mali hub manager.
- Programme management: you manage, monitor and deliver large-scale programmes in West Africa and act as a spokesperson in multi-stakeholder meetings.
- Business development: you improve Akvo’s understanding of the water and agriculture sector in West Africa, initiate new partnerships, lead proposal writing, and represent Akvo at international conferences and networking events.
- Technical advice / consultancy: you understand our partners’ needs and are able to match these needs to innovative data solutions. You provide high level advice about data solutions in collaboration with Akvo’s data experts.
- Knowledge sharing: you actively contribute to Akvo’s internal processes and share knowledge within the organisation.
Requirements and competences
- 5 - 10 years’ work experience, preferably in the international development, water, agriculture or information technology sector
- Proven track record in programme management, including:
- Managing a project team
- Stakeholder management in an international and culturally diverse environment
- Experience with the provision of advisory services in:
- Planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning (PMEL)
- Data management
- Previous professional assignments within West Africa and able to rely on a solid professional network in West Africa
- Proven track record of representing organisations and negotiating at a strategic level in complex, multi-stakeholder environments
- Proven track record in successful large-scale business development (> €150k programmes)
- Excellent command of the English language in both writing and speaking
- Excellent command of the French language in both writing and speaking
- Based in Bamako and willing to travel regularly within West Africa
What we offer
- A unique chance to work in an open, ambitious, collaborative environment, with very dedicated teams that aim to have a positive impact on the world
- An opportunity to meet and work with our worldwide network of partners
- A chance to be a part of our international Akvo community, with motivated and talented people whose diverse backgrounds converge to accomplish shared objectives
- A competitive salary in line with the market
Applicants need to be based in Bamako, Mali and be willing to travel regularly within West Africa.
Do you want to join our team? Click the button below and send your motivation letter and CV to Abdoulaye Semde, hub manager Akvo Mali, before 12 April 2019.