Senior Analyst (Water Quality/Watershed Protection Team)
The Cadmus Group LLC is seeking a highly motivated individual with a background in water resources, hydrology, environmental engineering, or closely related fields. Our work primarily supports contracts with government clients in the areas of water quality and watershed science and policy, including surface water quality assessment, management of point and nonpoint source pollution, and development of Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs) or other watershed plans.
The successful candidate will contribute to, and lead parts of, projects that include: researching scientific and policy approaches to the development of TMDLs and related Clean Water Act topics; developing training and outreach materials; analyzing, interpreting, and mapping geospatial data on watershed or waterbody conditions; analyzing large datasets of water monitoring records; water quality and watershed modeling; and developing tools for visualizing, analyzing, and reporting data.
Applicants must have a record of academic and professional excellence and a clearly demonstrated work ethic. If you are interested in applying for this position, you should be highly motivated, able to work both collaboratively and independently, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple ongoing tasks. You should also possess exceptional analytical and oral and written communication skills.
- Plan and implement the development of research and training materials (fact sheets, white papers, presentations, etc.) on various Clean Water Act topics such as TMDLs, water quality assessment and impairment listing (Sections 305b/303d), nonpoint source management (Section 319), and healthy watersheds protection.
- Contribute to the development of TMDLs by assessing pollutant sources, calculating allowable pollutant loads and source allocations, and writing TMDL reports.
- Prepare, analyze, and interpret data for watershed and water quality projects from a variety of sources, including spreadsheets, databases, APIs, or web services using tools such as Excel, R, or Python.
- Perform GIS analysis, prepare a variety of raster and vector geospatial data, and create map outputs.
- Write and edit reports, case studies, presentations, and other documents for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Support the efforts of multiple projects and project managers and adapt to shifting project needs and deadlines.
- One to three years’ work experience supporting the development of TMDLs with state or federal water quality programs.
- Knowledge of other Clean Water Act programs such as water quality assessment and impairment listing (Sections 305b/303d) and nonpoint source management (Section 319) through classwork, research, or professional experience.
- Strong written and oral communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously, contribute as part of an integrated team, and work independently with guidance.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with both GIS (preferably ArcGIS) and R or other data analysis programming languages.
- Classwork, research, or professional experience with environmental datasets and geospatial data layers, such as climate, land use, water monitoring, hydrologic, or ecologic data.
- MS/MA in relevant field.
- Experience configuring, calibrating, or applying water quality and/or watershed models used for TMDL development such as SWAT, HSPF, WASP, QUAL2K, etc.
- Advanced skills in ArcMap geospatial analysis tools and ArcGIS Online platform.
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks within a larger project, including delegating responsibilities to support staff and ensuring high quality results.
- Experience in professional/consulting business environment.
This position may be located in one of our following offices: Arlington, VA, Waltham, MA, or Madison, WI. Some domestic travel may be required.
To apply, please submit Cover Letter, Resume, and Writing Sample.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran’s status, or disability.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com