Senior Disaster Recovery Environmental Professional
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Are you a senior Environmental professional with outstanding Program Management skills? Our Disaster Recovery team in Puerto Rico is growing and we are looking to hire immediately. This is a full-time benefits-eligible position.
The position requires a highly organized and self-motivated candidate able to work as part of a project team and provide leadership to the environment staff. He/she will solve problems and document solutions, express ideas through strong technical writing and verbal communication, and support technical reports, plans and calculations in a consulting environment.
The position covers a variety of recovery projects funded by FEMA and involves leading a team in the preparation of environmental compliance documentation under federal, state, and local laws. Experience with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and related laws and authorities; and environmental review and permitting for federal grant programs is required. Experience with permitting; site assessments; environmental impact analysis; soil and groundwater investigations and remediation systems; wetland delineations; cultural resources surveys; or other environmental investigations would be helpful. This person will oversee a team providing environmental consulting services to government clients and will initially work under the direction of senior staff.
- Oversee a team completing environmental review checklists and preparing technical reports, including text, maps, charts, figures, tables.
- Report progress to leadership team.
- Apply federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- Interact with specialists in other technical practice areas in support of projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in environmental science, or related field.
- 10+ years of environmental professional experience.
- Team player with strong problem-solving skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, good organizational skills, a willingness to learn, the ability to self-manage multiple tasks and priorities, and the willingness to seek help from senior experts as needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Master's degree in a related field
- Experience with federal funded programs (HUD, FEMA)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel,.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.