Engineer (Water Resources)
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructural challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, transportation engineering, and parking consulting services, we engineer solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape our communities. Founded in 1931, we are headquartered in Houston, Texas and have more than 600+ professionals working across 18 US offices and 5 international locations.
- Working with a group of engineers in the pursuit of water resources, drainage, hydrology and hydraulics design related projects and the related clients;
- Proficient understanding and knowledge of frequently used software such as HEC programs, XP-SWMM, MOUSE, etc. and how the use of each addresses water resources issues.
- Sound technical knowledge, especially in the area of water resources engineering.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of U.S. design codes and standards.
- Knowledge in the development of construction documents, plans & specifications.
- Working with the WRE team to identify and pursue water resources opportunities in which Walter P Moore can excel.
- Developing a national network of clients and consultant alliances to position the WRE group.
- Existing Client network a plus.
- MS in Civil Engineering with emphasis in hydrology/hydraulics, water resources or related field;
- 8+ years of relevant national projects experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in growing a water resources practice;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Walter P Moore is an equal opportunity employer and provides all of its employees with a competitive compensation and benefits package.