We are seeking a Program Associate for our Climate-Smart Cities Program. Through this program, The Trust for Public Land helps cities meet the climate challenge through conservation and design—from protecting waterfront parks and wetlands to creating green alleys and “water smart” playgrounds. The position is responsible for supporting Climate-Smart Cities staff with research, writing and a variety of other programmatic activities.
THIS POSITION CAN ALSO BE BASED IN WASHINGTON DC
- Provide overall administrative support and coordination for the Climate-Smart Cities program.
- Support Climate-Smart Cities staff and partners in completing project work plans, including scheduling calls, site visits, and internet-based meetings.
- Assist in preparing grant proposals and reports; assists in meeting reporting deadlines.
- Coordinate correspondence related to contracts and invoices, financial reporting, and other related administrative details.
- Lead logistical coordination and development of materials and displays for events, such as conferences and other speaking engagements.
- Support Climate-Smart Cities program in national program development and implementation of Climate-Smart Cities partnerships.
- Conduct research and writing on the following types of programs and initiatives: green infrastructure, climate resilience, climate justice, greenhouse gas benefits of green infrastructure, urban planning, among other related topics.
- Conduct research and writes reports related to cities and partners with whom we are working.
- Assist with interviews and stakeholder meetings and developing related summary materials.
- Assist in developing internal and external outreach materials, including factsheets, case studies, presentations, exhibit materials, and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required with some related work experience preferred.
- Course work in environmental studies/science, urban planning, public policy, economics, finance, or environmental law required.
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Strong academic research and analytic skills. Experience summarizing data, policy papers and research.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with computers, graphics and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member as appropriate.
- Demonstrated commitment fighting climate change as well as to parks, open space and land preservation.
- Ability to use good judgment, take initiative, and make recommendations in resolving problems.
- Available for periodic travel.