Australia nationals: Senior Natural Resource Management Officer
Do work that matters
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for the management of land and natural Crown assets and delivering exceptional client satisfaction. Your day to day activities will ensure the department achieves the government’s priorities whilst delivering on the Principles of Crown Land management and mitigating risks on the Crown estate.
This opportunity is suited for someone who has proven experience operating in a fast paced environment with a high volume of work and is effective at working through conflicting priorities within a legislative framework. You will manage compliance activities on public land to ensure that tenure conditions and Crown land usage requirements are successfully met. This may include the environmental review of statutory planning applications. The role primarily involves desktop reviews and analysis with some field inspection and face-to-face client liaison as required.
Preferred candidates would possess;
- Exceptional project management skills demonstrated in the delivery of a diverse range of projects pertaining to Natural Resource Management and ensuring that planning requirements are adhered to,
- Experience in undertaking public land management activities including field inspections, assessments and report writing
- Experience with planning, compliance and procurement
- Tertiary qualifications in Land Management or related field or equivalent level of industry knowledge and experience
- Experience in conducting environmental reviews in accordance with Legislative requirements
- Knowledge of land management responsibilities in relation to bushfire mitigation
- A valid Driver’s licence and has a willingness to travel
Applying for the Role
Please include your resume and a brief cover letter demonstrating your experience and outlining your suitability for the role.
For more information about this role please refer to the role description.
Lands & Water, within NSW Department of Industry, look after some of the State’s most valuable natural assets for future generations. Our division enables the access and use of these resources for private and public purposes, to generate economic and environmental benefits.
For more information about the Department of Industry Crown Lands, click here.
For a confidential discussion contact: Ben Tax at 02 9842 8354
Applications Close: Sunday, 28 April 2018 11:55 PM
The Department of Industry is committed to ensuring the sector reflects the NSW community it serves. We promote a flexible and inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team to drive innovation, productivity and the delivery of high-quality services. We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnic background or disability.