Coodu Trust (www.coodutrust.org) emerged in year 2000 based on the motivation of a few young and dynamic likeminded persons and professionals who pledged to do efficient, constructive and everlasting social development work for the under privileged of the society to develop self-sufficient and self-reliant communities. Coodu Trust is a not for profit voluntary organization to undertake charitable, educational and development activities for the welfare of downtrodden and marginalized needy people of society. We have undertaken watershed programmes in 14 districts of Tamil Nadu and various social development projects in 30 districts. We are implementing projects in Soil and Water Conservation, Watershed Development, Women Development, Skill Development, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Health, Elderly, Education, Livelihoods, Agriculture and Environment.
We have undertaken projects funded by The World Bank, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), CAPART / Ministry of Rural Development, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, District Rural Development Agency (DRDA), Water Resource Department (WRD), Public Works Department (PWD), Agriculture Department and Agricultural Engineering Department, Forest Department, Health Department, Tourism Department, NABARD, Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women Ltd, Integrated Watershed Development Programme (IWDP), Drought Prone Areas Programme (DPAP), National Watershed Development Project for Rain fed Areas (NWDPRA), TANSACS, Tamil Nadu Water Supply and Drainage Board (TWAD Board), Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation (TNSDC) and Tamil Nadu State Rural Livelihoods Mission (TNSRLM).
Job Purpose: To implement Rain Water Harvesting (RWH) / Watershed project in the villages of Tirunelveli district
Roles and responsibilities
1. Implement and monitor the project activities viz. Soil and Water conservation issues and mitigation measures, Environment and Watershed Approaches.
2. Effectively communicate with different stakeholders including farmers in the villages
3. Interact with women and marginal farmers on water conservation measures
4. Facilitate the documentation processes of all the project activities
5. Prepare reports and plans as required
6. Visit all the project villages including intervention sites like Individual Household RWHS, Open Well Recharge RWHS, Common Land RWH Structures (RWHS) like Check Dams, Percolation pond, Farm pond etc.
7. Effectively and diplomatically manage the various stakeholders
1. Post graduate degree in Social Sciences / Environmental Sciences / Environmental Management
2. Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) in English and Tamil
3. Exceptional Documentation skills
4. Willing to work with FARMERS & VILLAGE COMMUNITIES with empathetic approaches
5. Good interpersonal skills
6. A positive attitude and professional approach towards the job and the responsibilities
7. Dynamic, energetic and willing to travel extensively in the district and state
8. Essential computer and internet browsing skills
9. Knowledge about development sector/social sector
10. FRESHER / Maximum 2 years work experience preferred