Benefits: Competitive NGO salary
Application deadline: September 27th, 2016
Starting date: November 1st, 2016
CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project) is an international, not-for-profit organization providing the only global system for companies and cities to measure, disclose, manage and share vital environmental information. CDP works with market forces, including 827 institutional investors with assets of over €89 trillion, to motivate companies to disclose their impacts on the environment and natural resources and take action to reduce them. More than 5,500 companies worldwide, of which nearly 1,800 are in Europe, disclosed environmental information through CDP in 2015. CDP now holds the largest collection globally of primary climate change, water and forest risk commodities information
CDP Europe is seeking a highly motivated individual to support CDP’s work in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg, with a primary focus on France.
- Managing CDP’s company engagement and operations in the France & Benelux region and working closely with regional companies to drive environmental reporting and management;
- Maintaining and leveraging relationships with current CDP partners, local agents, and sponsors;
- Participating in the development of new partnerships with government agencies, accounting bodies, data providers, exchanges, leading investors, corporations, foundations and academic institutes;
- Working closely with CDP signatories to improve the quality of data reported;
- Organization of events and workshops including the engagement of high level speakers;
- Providing research and analysis for projects in collaboration with France & Benelux federal ministries to improve disclosure of corporations and action on disclosure by investors;
- Assisting the Director of the France & Benelux region with the publication of the CDP regional report and scoring processes and
- Engaging proactively with peer NGOs and other relevant stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have:
- A clear understanding of CDP’s values, objectives and processes and a desire to drive forward CDP’s mission;
- At least 3 years’ experience in either the investor, corporate, government or non-profit sectors;
- Sound understanding of global policy action on climate change and connected topics, such as Water Management and Forest protection as well as how the France & Benelux regions fit in with the current efforts to achieve a 2° world and the 2030 SDGs;
- Excellent awareness and knowledge of business and investor perspectives on climate change reporting;
- Good public speaking skills and ability to interact with high level representatives from the private and public sectors;
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail with good research, writing and drafting skills;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills and ability to work with teams in a multi-national setting;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience with CRM systems;
- Proven experience in the organization of high level events;
- Experience in report writing and
- Excellent English and French communication skills (verbal and written). Dutch skills are desirable though not essential.
The successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in the EU. The role is located at our office in Berlin, Germany, will work closely with the European team and report to the Director France & Benelux.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their résumé with a cover letter outlining their suitability for the role to Laurent Babikian, Director France & Benelux at [email protected] with “Project Officer, France & Benelux” in the subject line.