Australia nationals: Team Leader (Water Policy)
• Lead teams to progress strategic water planning projects, including synthesis of complex technical advice as a basis for policy development.
• Identify and analyse issues of strategic importance relevant to the delivery of programs and projects to support quality outcomes for the sustainable management and use of Queensland's water resources to meet customers' expectations and needs.
• Prepare well-structured and evidence based advice for senior management on options to improve the efficiency and quality of water planning in Queensland.
• Prepare (or co-ordinate the preparation of) submissions, briefing papers and reports for Cabinet, State Committees, Industry/Stakeholder groups, the Minister and senior departmental management.
• Develop and maintain constructive working relationships and networks (both formal and informal) across the water business in the Queensland Government, and with clients and stakeholders to negotiate positive outcomes for customers.
• Represent the Department's position at the State and National levels to negotiate major policy issues relevant to the delivery of sustainable water management outcomes with Queensland Government agencies, agencies from other Australian jurisdictions, and with peak industry and community organisations.
• Manage and facilitate direct engagement activities to explain complex water planning issues with multiple stakeholders including water users, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island peoples, environment groups, local governments and others as required.
• Participate in and promote the professional development of team members.
• Other duties as directed and required.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.