Water Resources Specialist
Reporting to the Stormwater Compliance Manager, the Water Resources Specialist is responsible for the administration, compliance, and enforcement of Virginia Tech’s Virginia Stormwater Management Program (VSMP) Permits. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the development, administration, maintenance, evaluation and enforcement of the Virginia Tech Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Program, with primary responsibility for Minimum Control Measure 4 (Construction Site Runoff Control).
- Administering and ensuring plan and site compliance with the Virginia Stormwater Management Act (VSMA), the Virginia Stormwater Management Program (VSMP) Regulations, the Virginia Erosion and Sediment Control Law (VESCL), and the Virginia Erosion and Sediment Control Regulations (VESCR) through the Virginia Tech Annual Standards and Specifications for Erosion and Sediment Control and Stormwater Management.
- Performing and overseeing investigations, inspections, and audits of facilities, projects, or incidents to determine compliance with local, state, and federal laws, regulations, rules, and codes as related to the VSMA, the VSMP Regulations, the VESCL, the VESCR, and other applicable codes, regulations, and guidance.
- Performing and reviewing engineering analyses for stormwater, sanitary sewer, and domestic water systems associated with university projects and planning efforts.
- Assisting with the development, calibration, and maintenance of hydrologic and hydraulic models associated with the university.