Islamic Relief Somalia (IRS) has been operating in Somalia since 2006 and has responded to conflict and drought affected people through provision of life saving assistance. Through our projects, IR has continuously been providing safe drinking water, improving hygienic sanitation facilities, increasing hygiene awareness, particularly to ones living in IDP camps; empowering the urban poor and distressed working children, engaging in conflict management and mitigation and strengthening of community cohesiveness and co-existence.
The position will assist the project officer on the implementation of the project water trucking wash assistant will closely work with the project officer about the water tracking and that monitoring of the water tracking and water delivery so water is available in the sites which project is being implementing
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in close guidance with the Project Officer (Water Trucking) to ensure the monitoring of the water trucking operation, this includes water delivery to each site from its production source.
- Ensure all water trucking drivers follow the agreed route to deliver water in good time, report immediately to the Project Officer (Water Trucking) on any irregularity in this regard.
- Ensure all documentations is counter signed by the designated and responsible persons, this include community representatives.
- Ensuring that good quality of water is delivered to the beneficiaries through conducting regular checking on water sources.
- Organize and develop beneficiary lists for distribution of sanitation and hygiene material/ facilities such as soap and others and ensuring equitable distribution of the same within the project area and water trucking.
- Use lessons learnt in hygiene promotion and spear head changes in the organization and stakeholders
- Carried out community mobilization, sensitizing, selection, registration and verification of project beneficiaries
- Ensure the hygiene education and campaigns are conducted among the targeted community members.
- Ensure that beneficiaries had received clean water during water trucking to allocated amount of water in each households
- Daily monitor water tankers delivered in each village as per standards and agreement
- Work with Hygiene and Sanitation clusters at community levels in identifying, mobilizing and sensitizing target communities for water, sanitation and hygiene promotion
- Create linkages between the communities and the project, the local government extension staff and the target communities in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, promotion.
- Participate in collection of useful data, success stories and beneficiary lists as required
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
- Follow up all IRW Procedures for Security, Finance, Logistics, HR and Administration.
§ Monitor the work, progress tracking and prepare regular progress of work to be submitted to the Area Office In charge.
§ Maintain a filing system for all site memos and instructions, measured quantities of work, reports, and an electronic library of photos and other documents and correspondence pertaining to the project activities
§ Report the Project Manager on levels of completion of all WASH activities in field level through weekly reporting
§ External coordination with respective line ministries and clusters on regular basis and project update sharing.
§ Be familiar with, and ensure the adherence to, the organization’s policies and procedures.
§ Abide by the NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct, the People in Aid Code, HAP, and Islamic Relief’s policies and procedures.
§ Any other assignment given by supervisor/line management.
- Work independently on tasks related to project planning and implementation with periodic reporting and direction from supervisor;
- Make decisions on project implementation and its daily management responsibly based on available resources, skills and knowledge of staff and access to affected communities;
- Ensure implementation of locally appropriate and feasible projects in close consultation with local authorities and communities;
- Proper management of financial resources, equipment and project utilities.
- Work in adherence to IR’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Experience and skills
- University diploma of Public Health, and other relevant fields from recognized university.
- Minimum of 02 years’ experience including at least 01 years working for national and international NGOs in pure WASH activities including hygiene promotion.
- Knowledge of community based approaches in humanitarian and development settings is desirable.
- Knowledge of international standards such as Child protection, Sphere, do no harm, CHS and HAP is desirable.
- Experienced in rural and water infrastructure construction management.
- Competency with the analysis of contextual information, and developing clear, informed recommendations.
- Proficiency in English (Written and spoken) is essential
- Good IT skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel is essential.
How to apply:
· IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
· Each application should be addressed to the HR account: email@example.com and include the following:
· An updated CV; and · An application letter
· Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
· Copy of your National ID card or passport
· And contact information for three work-related referees.
· Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRW is an equal opportunity employer.Note: Please make sure the job title in the mail subject line is clear as WASH ASSISTANT**