Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Institute (WASH Institute) is a non-profit training and development organization dedicated to providing practical solutions to tackle a wide range of water, sanitation, hygiene and environmental issues in India and the neighbouring countries. The WASH Institute headquarter is at Kodaikanal with branch offices in Dindigul, Madurai & Salem (Tamil Nadu), Munger (Bihar), Bhadrachalam (Telangana), Kolkata (West Bengal), Noida & Saharanpur (Uttar Pradesh), Malur (Karnataka) and New Delhi. The core activity of WASH Institute is conducting training programs to groom water, sanitation, hygiene and environment-sector professionals, as well as functionaries from the government, non-profit organizations and other agencies working in the WATSAN sector. Special focus is given to mid-level professionals who are directly involved in managing the programmes on ground. WASH Institute also possesses an academic wing that conducts formal courses at Reddiarchatram, Tamilnadu in affiliation with the Madurai Kamaraj University. The organization also undertakes monitoring and evaluation, conducts appropriate action research and field study/experiments, and engages in advocacy in order to promote the importance of capacity building at all levels and influence other sector players and institutions to replicate successful models and strategies widely. WASH Institute India is looking to recruit motivated personnel to share the vision of WASH Institute – “a world where all the communities have access to safe, protected and sustainable drinking water and sanitation services, with improved hygiene practices”.
WASH Institute is looking for promising, experienced and bright candidates for the position of Program Coordinator Swachh Vidyalay Swachh Village project, Munger Bihar.
Name of the position: Program Coordinator
No. of positions: 01
Duty Station: Munger, Bihar
Desired Qualification: MSW/Post Graduate in Social Sciences
- Overall project coordination
- Provide Guidance to the team members to implement the project successfully
- Meeting with all stakeholder periodically.
- Meeting with funding organisation periodically and update the project progress.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports, Presentation, other documents according to requirement.
- Mobilise resource from different stakeholders like school committees, local government etc.,
- Planning, execution and project monitoring
- Preparing case studies, success stories report, other document periodically
- Assist other team members as and when require.
- Lead in contractor selection and monitoring their construction work to ensure quality
- Ensuring timely fund release to the contractors
- Develop IEC materials, provide training team members to use the same.
- Fund management, accounts checking, provide guidance to the accountant
- Represent various forms and network to share the project outcome / impact
- Update project details with regional Program managers/ WASHI HO periodically.
- At-least 5/6 years of relevant experience in WASH program (especially School WASH) implementation background.
- Age should be within 40, young energetic person, having good writing skill like reports etc.,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proven working in project management.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking player.
- Should have experience in managing processes and technology.
Sound knowledge of speaking, reading and writing in English and Hindi must.
Salary will commensurate with experience as per sector/industry standards
How to Apply :
Please submit your recent curriculum vitae, including up to a 150 words summary explaining why you think you are suitable for this position. Application can be e-mailed to the following address:
The last date to submit application is 13th April, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. When e-mailing, please mention the post and location in the “subject” line.