OPS Water Resources Extension Program Assistant
CLASSIFICATION TITLE: Water Resources Extension Program Assistant - UF/IFAS Extension
- Coordinate and facilitate the creation of educational content with UF faculty for the Healthy Ponds Certification program
- Manage, organize, and arrange educational content for diverse audiences into a single, efficient, aesthetically pleasing format
- Coordinate with University of Florida to create short educational videos
- Coordinate with UF Canvas liaison to post educational content online
- Responsible for developing a graphic element for the program with the assistance of UF/IFAS Communications Department
- Report weekly to steering committee on progress.
- Create and stick to tight schedule.
- Additional duties to support the creation of the Healthy Ponds Certification program such as marketing and promotion of program, and travel.
$15 to $20 per hour; commensurate within this range based on qualification and experience
The department is seeking an energetic and dedicated individual. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to communicating science to broad and diverse audiences. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work in independently and multitask.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Canvas
- Respond promptly to requests
- Interact with faculty, administrators, staff and students in a professional manner
- Knowledge of web and software tools to enhance visual content
- Background in science curriculum design
- Able to meet deadlines and work independently by organizing and coordinating work assignments in a cohesive plan
- Ability to travel to Gainesville, Plant City, Manatee County and Sarasota County
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Applicants must apply via Careers at UF. To be considered for this position, please include a Cover Letter, most recent CV or resume, and a minimum of two professional references.
Scheduled hours will be 8AM-5PM Monday – Friday
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
HEALTH ASSESSMENT REQUIRED: No