Manager (Environmental Issues)
This opportunity is within the PRI’s ESG team, the thematic hub within the organisation. The team is responsible for:
- developing the PRI’s internal expertise on ESG themes from the company level to the macroeconomic systemic level;
- raising awareness, providing insights and developing guidance and tools on ESG themes for PRI’s signatory base; and
- providing ESG issue expertise into other processes within the PRI such as policy and research, investment practices and active ownership.
The successful candidate will support the delivery of services and outputs (i.e. signatory collaborative engagements, investor/company roundtables, webinars, podcasts, briefings, public policy consultations and publications) focused on environmental issues. This could include, but not be limited to, topics such as water, deforestation and the circular economy. The successful candidate will also assist with some cross-team functions. This is a unique opportunity at the intersection of responsible investment and corporate sustainability.
- Project management of environment activities, ensuring quality control, milestones and timelines are met, as well as monitoring signatory satisfaction.
- Coordinate and facilitate the activities of investor working groups on topics including water and plastics. This will include faciliting regular signatory meetings and conference calls.
- Conduct literature reviews and research including company research on environmental practices.
- Propose and develop resources such as guides, case studies, workshops, podcasts, webinars and thought leadership briefs.
- Build relationships with signatories to maintain and expand expertise of signatory knowledge of environmental issues, practices and requirements.
- Coordinate with and collaborate on environmental issues with PRI’s Active Ownership, Policy and Research, Investment Practices, Climate Change and SDG teams.
- Build relationships with external stakeholders, promoting synergies with other investor networks and initiatives and partner organisations.
- Participate and speak at external events and conferences
- Degree in a field related to finance and/or corporate responsibility.
- Work experience in investment and/or corporate sustainability or environmental issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of responsible investment and understanding of asset owner and investment manager perspectives.
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong facilitation skills. Diplomacy, tact, and ability to build consensus.
- Confidence to relate to and interact with a wide range of investment professionals from different regions. Ability to network and build relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Good knowledge of relevant IT (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CRM software).
- Fluent in English, and ideally one other language relevant to financial markets.
- Willing to occasionally conduct conference calls in different time zones outside normal working hours.