Analyst (Environmental Issues)
This opportunity is within the PRI’s ESG team, which is the thematic hub within the organisation. The team is responsible for:
- developing the PRI’s internal expertise on ESG themes from the company level to the macroeconomic systemic level;
- raising awareness, providing insights and developing guidance and tools on ESG themes for the PRI’s signatory base; and
- providing ESG issue expertise in other processes within the PRI such as policy and research, investment practices and active ownership.
The successful candidate will support the delivery of services and outputs (i.e. signatory collaborative engagements, investor/company roundtables, webinars, podcasts, briefings and publications) focused on environmental issues. This could include, but not be limited to, topics such as sustainable land use, water and the circular economy. The successful candidate will also assist with some cross-team functions.
This is a unique opportunity at the intersection of responsible investment and corporate sustainability, providing the successful candidate with robust knowledge and experience in this fast-moving area.
Provide support to the PRI environmental team on projects related, but not limited to, topics such as sustainable land use, water and the circular economy.
- organising/participating in calls with relevant investor groups;
- drafting call notes;
- analysing progress of engagement projects against an agreed framework;
- drafting reports for use by relevant investor groups;
- conducting research on company practices and analysing results;
- editing reports for external audiences;
- attending relevant events;
- building relationships with signatories to maintain and expand expertise on signatory knowledge of environmental issues, practices and requirements;
- building relationships with external stakeholders, liaising and promoting synergies with other investor networks, initiatives and partner organisations;
- managing signatory queries as needed, and acting as a point person when relevant team members are travelling;
- ensuring the accuracy and completion of project-related information on Salesforce;
- managing the content of private online working spaces for relevant investor groups, and helping signatories to resolve any technical issues they might encounter; and
- other ad-hoc tasks as required.
- educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline;
- fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- motivated by the mission of the PRI, with an interest in environmental issues as they relate to companies and investors;
- confidence to relate to and interact with a wide range of investment professionals from different regions and able to network and build relationships;
- strong experience of relevant IT systems (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CRM software);
- fluency in Portuguese is highly desirable;
- proactive attitude;
- strong attention to detail;
- able to learn quickly;
- diplomacy, tact, and ability to work well in teams; and
- willing to occasionally take notes of conference calls in different time zones outside normal working hours.
- understanding of responsible investment and shareholder engagement activities;
- relevant experience in administrative and coordinative activities; and
- relevant knowledge of deforestation and/or plastics and/or water issues as they relate to the private sector.
All candidates must have eligibility to work in the UK without visa sponsorship. While every effort is made to contain the needs of the role within the usual working day, there will be an occasional need to work outside of normal working hours owing to the international nature of the organisation.