This person must be willing to be flexible and able to juggle several different projects simultaneously. We are looking for a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and experience working on a dispersed team who is excited about helping to achieve a sustainable future where our nation’s rivers are healthy.
ABOUT RIVER NETWORK: River Network envisions a future of clean and ample water for people and nature, where local caretakers are well-equipped, effective and courageous champions for our rivers. River Network’s mission is to empower and unite people and communities to protect and restore rivers and other waters that sustain all life. Visit www.rivernetwork.org to learn more or our strategic plan for current priorities. Our headquarters are in Boulder, Colorado.
River Network is committed to embracing diversity, equity and inclusion in all areas to achieve our mission. Through our programs we seek to connect with all communities and increase the impact of their efforts to secure clean and ample water. River Network will be intentional about our staffing and engagement practices and strive to increase the diversity of our staff, vendors, board, members, and supporters with strategic recruitment and partnerships and an inclusive work place culture.
- Manage and refresh River Network’s website content in collaboration with supervisor and other staff, including developing and posting new content (stories, videos, photography, jobs/events, resources, etc.), and using Google Analytics to track website traffic and measure performance.
- Expand River Network’s social media presence, including managing current accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), exploring new social media platforms and approaches, and engaging with media to garner greater exposure regarding achievements, lessons learned, and urgent needs across our larger community.
- Produce monthly e-newsletter and quarterly e-magazine, coordinating with program staff and supervisor on content.
- Coordinate production and mailing of River Network’s Annual Report and other marketing publications (e.g., general River Network brochure, River Rally sponsorship brochure, annual trainings brochure).
- Develop emails, web pages, and social media posts to promote River Network’s signature annual conference (River Rally) and webinar trainings to targeted audiences.
- Support communications to members of River Network’s giving club for $1,000+ donors, including quarterly update mailings and renewal letters.
- Conduct research on potential and current donors and create donor profile reports.
- With oversight from Community Engagement Director, implement two fundraising email and snail mail appeals per year, including setting up campaigns and segments in fundraising database, creating email templates in MailChimp, downloading mailing lists and merging letters, printing, stuffing and mailing the letters, and tracking appeal results.
- Support major donor fundraising by scheduling donor and prospect phone calls and meetings for the President and Community Engagement Director.
- Create and maintain accurate account and contact records for current and potential River Network donors in Salesforce database.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant discipline and 3 or more years’ relevant experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal savvy.
- Experience using WordPress and basic knowledge of HTML.
- Experience using technological tools including Microsoft Sharepoint, Salesforce database (or similar relational database), the full Microsoft Office suite of software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Suite, and Mail Chimp.
- Positive, self-motivated, and quick learner with an upbeat attitude, entrepreneurial spirit, and drive to succeed with a wide range of stakeholders, partners, staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, defining and tracking deadlines, progress, and contributions of others and staying on track and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Commitment to values of mutual respect and collaboration, team work, inclusiveness, and diversity.
- Ability to excel on a decentralized and virtual team.
- Experience managing social media presence for an organization (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Experience communicating with and including culturally diverse constituencies.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume as one integrated PDF document to Alice Srinivasan ([email protected]) with “DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING ASSOCIATE” in the subject line of the email, or apply by mail by sending your materials to River Network, c/o Alice Srinivasan, P.O. Box 21387, Boulder, CO 80308. All applications must be submitted prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 5, 2016. Expected hire date: October 19, 2016. Applicants granted an interview will be asked to provide work samples and references. No phone calls please.