Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
Dhaka WASA, established in 1963, is a service-oriented autonomous commercial organization in the public sector, entrusted with the responsibility of providing water supply, sewerage disposal (wastewater), and storm water drainage services to the urban dwellers of Dhaka City. It covers more than 360 sq.km service area with more than 15 million people with a production capacity of 2,450 million liters water per day. Dhaka WASA also established its training center in 1980 to develop and improve the skills of its staff. Dhaka WASA wishes to strengthen its existing training center and create its new research center to achieve its goal of ‘Environment-friendly, Sustainable and Pro-people Water Management System’. The assignment aims to support Dhaka WASA to achieve desired results through the preparation of a proposal which will outline detailed implementation and action plan to strengthen its existing training center and establish a new research center and an integrated water operations center.
Scope of Work
Under the direction of relevant ADB staff, the water specialist will take the lead in preparing the proposal taking inputs from the expertise and technical knowledge of Korea Water Resources Corporation and other consultants who will be involved in the study.
Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Output
- Propose a work plan with time frame identifying the role of K-water and other consultants in consultation with Dhaka WASA, K-water, and ADB staff.
- Prepare outline of the proposal report taking into account ADB style and format.
- Review the input reports submitted and identify sections that need clarifications from the authors.
- Consolidate the findings of the reports and convert into a proposal deemed acceptable by ADB and Dhaka WASA.
- Present the draft proposal to various stakeholders to gather insights and further improve the contents.
- Finalize the draft proposal taking into account comments from ADB and other stakeholders.
- Participate in consultations and workshops and serve as resource persons if needed.
- Perform other tasks that maybe assigned by the project leader from time to time.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
The specialist should have a graduate degree in relevant area, minimum of 10 years professional experience at a senior management level in a water utility, and preferably with experience in South Asia.