The International Water Research Institute (IWRI) at Mohammed VI Polytechnic University invites applications for faculty positions specialized in the area of Waste Water Treatment Technologies and Water Reuse. The positions are open to individuals who hold Engineering graduate/MS degree and PhD in Waste Water Technologies Engineering for treatment or a closely related field with focus on waste water processes and water reutilization with additional focus on Economic feasibility. Preference will be given to those with good research and teaching experience. Good communication skills, both verbal and writing are important. Fluency in French and English are preferred.
Successful candidates are expected to:
- Have the desire and ability to teach courses at the undergraduate level related to the candidate's areas of research interest.
- Perform multidisciplinary research and contribute to develop a funded research program.
- Publish the results of personal and sponsored research in international journals refereed by his/her peers.
- Pursue scholarly and professional activities that will keep him/her at the leading edge of his/her field.
Criteria of the candidate:
- PhD in the subject discipline
- At least 2-5 years of experience in the subject discipline
- Relevant experience in the subject discipline as postdoctoral researcher, or in industry or in experimentation would be an asset
- Demonstrated understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing resources.
- Proven ability to identify and fulfill the academic writing requirements for target publications.
- Ability to generate new ideas, links, and to build upon existing ideas to generate good concepts and solutions.
- Demonstrated teaching skills.
Job salary and benefits:
They are competitive and conform to international standards.
- Best in class salaries
- 30% annual bonus on gross salary.
- Research budget allowance to professor
- Best in class :
- IP sharing policy (33% for professor)
- MOOCs policy (60% for professor)
- Consulting policy (100% for professor when teaching time is completed)
- Complete benefits including housing, tuition fees, life & medical insurance, retirement, maternity leave and sabbatical
Application and selection procedure:
Applications must be sent to: , before April 30, 2019, in a single electronic zipped folder with the mention « Economics » in the mail’s subject. The folder must contain: 1) a detailed CV, 2) a full list of publications, 3) a copy of the Doctorate or PhD degree certificate, 4) Evidences of teaching experience in higher education. 5) a proofs of ability to supervise academic research.
The short-listed candidates will be invited to meet the university selection committee. When it is not convenient, this meeting can be done by videoconference.
Desired skills and experience
- Water Technologies Engineering,
- Waste water treatment processes.
- Environmental and economic aspects.
- Water Technologies Engineering with focus on waste water treatment processes
- Water Reuse and optimization
- Water Environmental