Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
International Resources Group (IRG), an Engility Company, seeks an Project Associate for our Water and Environment Team to be based at our home office in Alexandria, VA. The Water and Environment Practice Area partners with local governments, the private sector, communities, and civil society to deliver sustainable impact across multiple development sectors including water supply and sanitation, climate change, natural resources management, biodiversity, and countering wildlife trafficking. The position works in close collaboration with IRG home office project management and field teams to provide operational support for projects managed by the Water and Environment Practice Area.
The successful candidate will contribute to program implementation working closely with relevant project managers and colleagues in a team approach. Associates for Water and Environment support overall project management to on-going contracts and may support capture of new business in existing and adjacent markets. The candidate should generally have a strong interest and growth potential in the international development sector. The candidate may have experience in water and environment sectors whether domestic or international.
- Support project management and field implementation via financial and contract management, day-to-day problem solving in the international development context through continuous and regular communication with the field and business units throughout Engility;
- Coordinates home office administrative tasks including maintenance of project files, requesting goods and services for project implementation, preparation and submission of project deliverables and other reports, vendor invoice review, personnel and pay requisitions, accounts payable adjustments, auditing, and other duties related to mobilization, demobilization and on-boarding of project staff;
- Identifies and troubleshoots problems proposing cost-effective and potentially innovative technical solutions. Supports project financial transactions, quarterly performance reviews, and monthly and quarterly financial invoicing and reporting activities ensuring compliance with USAID and IRG policies and procedures;
- Participate in short-term assignments as required on projects, both domestically and overseas.
- Other duties as assigned by Practice Area Lead and Project Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- 3-5 years of experience with Bachelor’s degree;
- Applied technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas: water, environment, community and international development. The candidate should have a good understanding of current practices/trends related to international development;
- Experience in business development and strong skills in supporting proposal development; and
- Proficient in English with working competency in one or more of the following: French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Arabic.
- Master’s degree;
1-3 years of technical and project management experience with Master’s degree;
Two years of overseas experience in a developing country;
Experience with USAID projects and understanding of USAID project management requirements.